Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #106 (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

Morning

Problem with mileage stunts in which I force myself to run is that after them, I struggle to find the motivation.  Same thing happened after I reached 6000km for 2019.

Oh well, I'll run some this morning. Ideally 2 digits.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 tonight. I'm so sore from last night's run, lol.

Damaris

onemile

Morning

Problem with mileage stunts in which I force myself to run is that after them, I struggle to find the motivation.  Same thing happened after I reached 6000km for 2019.

Oh well, I'll run some this morning. Ideally 2 digits.

if only we had a list of new challenges.....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

We just got new doj guidance on wearing masks and as expected (and I think this will be the new norm) we are to wear masks when returning to the office in all common areas.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning,

Jetta and I ran 6.6 miles last night... I am realizing that I seriously need to get back on the ball with my stick rolling and yoga stretches... and I really miss my masseuse 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Do a core workouot, some sor of strength training, etc.

Not really a challenge for some (Docket, sdWhiskers, Freesoul, me), but would be for others....

LRB

Not really a challenge for some (Docket, sdWhiskers, Freesoul, me), but would be for others....

The challenge for me wouldn't be to do a strength/core workout challenge, it would be to read the actual post about a strength/core workout challenge. lol

onemile

Do a core workouot, some sor of strength training, etc.

I think Cyborg is looking for running motivation, not cross training motivation.

onemile

The challenge for me wouldn't be to do a strength/core workout challenge, it would be to read the actual post about a strength/core workout challenge. lol

let's keep the non-running challenges to a separate thread so we don't accidentally click on those posts 

Cyberic

Ran 10. No yoga or any other form of non-running exercise. Just ran 10 miles, then showered and sat my ass down.

LRB

let's keep the non-running challenges to a separate thread so we don't accidentally click on those posts 

If hill sprints or hill repeats were categorized as a strength training challenge, I'd be all about it!

Cyberic

If hill sprints or hill repeats were categorized as a strength training challenge, I'd be all about it!

Brad Hudson categorizes hill sprints as strength work, in fact (and I might be misquoting him) he says it's all the strength work a runner needs. I might be wrong on this, but that's what stuck on me when reading his book.

onemile

Tomorrow's workout is 6x80m hill sprints (walk down recovery) and then .1,.2,.4.,.2,.1 at MILE pace (the .4 can be 5k pace) with .1 recovery slogs between.  GO!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

Cyberic

I think Cyborg is looking for running motivation, not cross training motivation.