Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailes Sunshine (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Don't let the sunshine fool you, it's like 16 degrees outside.

Jetta and I got in 4 miles, it was 16 with a feels like 5. I tried the new Brooks Ravenna 10's, undecided... not sure if I just need a good foam roll or some stretches or the freezing temps made me feel tight, or if it's the shoes. Might take a few more tests.

Also, I have (at least) one cavity.... which might explain my tooth/gum pain, will be spending Monday finding a dentist and getting in as quick as I can. Haven't had an issue since 2017 when all 4 wisdom teeth were bothering me and I had them removed.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Don't let the sunshine fool you, it's like 16 degrees outside.

+1

I'm gonna wait till it warms up to 18. lol

delicate flower

Hey. What a fucking awful day for a 10K.  I ran 39:41 and missed a PR by five seconds.  40 mph winds and a FOUR degree wind chill.  Good race on a tough day.  7 OA,  1 AG.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, though!

I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

LRB

Not sure what was going on yesterday but it felt awfully cold outside with temps just in the low teens, which is normally no big deal for February. This after a week where the temps didn't get above zero with wind chills of Jed move away from there! I guess that 3 day warm-spell really screwed me up.

8.21 mi, two loops of the Accitink trail, first loop 13:13 min/mi, second 13.29

Got most of my body parts working well, now  I feel like I’m actually running againπŸ˜€

Temp 24, wind 14 gusting to 24 BUT I was in the woods at Accotink so just slight breeze😎

LRB

Hey. What a fucking awful day for a 10K.  I ran 39:41 and missed a PR by five seconds.  40 mph winds and a FOUR degree wind chill.  Good race on a tough day.  7 OA,  1 AG.

I have no idea how you raced your ass off in that but that's one helluva job!

Wow! Nice job. I can’t imagine what you’d run on a normal day.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

you didn't become a popsicle with that shit? Damn good race, and damn that wind for stealing your 5 seconds from you.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+1

I'm gonna wait till it warms up to 18. lol

I'm LOVING my Columbia jacket, I don't know which one it is exactly. I bought it at Academy Sports a couple weeks ago hoping it would be better for rain and wind during these cold months than my other rain jacket. I can wear just a thermal under top like this morning and this jacket, and my upper body is TOASTY warm. It was originally $130.00, they dropped it down to $85 and then when I had gotten there it was 50%, I paid $45 after tax.

PRs

Cyberic

30K in pretty strong winds, but not as strong as what Baboon raced in.

Congrats, man!

RunningOnSand

I have a shiny new PR. I ran the Mesa-Phx HM in 1:46:16 (last year my PR was 1:54 and change). I’m pumped. πŸƒπŸΌ‍β™€οΈπŸ’ƒ

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RoS, congrats!!!  That is awesome!

Damaris

I have a shiny new PR. I ran the Mesa-Phx HM in 1:46:16 (last year my PR was 1:54 and change). I’m pumped. πŸƒπŸΌ‍β™€οΈπŸ’ƒ

WOO HOO! Way to go!! Outstanding splits - you really hammered that last mile. That must have felt so good, I bet you were passing people like crazy.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, congrats on the AG win!

ROS, that is a huge PR! Congrats!