Beginners and Beyond

SleepySunDailies (Read 30 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Good Morning!

Ran 6 this morning. Slightly better tempo than recent weeks. Left hammy felt pretty good but now the right seems tight...

Go to 2nd PT session tomorrow morning so may as them to work on both. Rest of my day is pretty easy as I finished my summer long screen porch renovation last week.

Have a great Sunday!

bluerun

Super B****

10 mile race (1:07:51), then ran down to the NYRR RunCenter to get my medal engraved since my race did not suck... my 10-mile pace and 10K pace are now identical. And it was a 2:19 PR so I’m happy about that!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

10 mile race (1:07:51), then ran down to the NYRR RunCenter to get my medal engraved since my race did not suck... my 10-mile pace and 10K pace are now identical. And it was a 2:19 PR so I’m happy about that!

2019 has been your year!

ETA: did you wear blue to match your hair? (Rockin' hair!)

RunningOnSand

Good morning, all! I'm trying to suck it up to go run by myself (ha) but it'll be something shorter today. Maybe 5 or 6.

Wolvmar, glad to hear your one hammy is behaving. If it's not one thing, it's another?  Oy. I know the feeling.

bluerun

Super B****

2019 has been your year!

ETA: did you wear blue to match your hair? (Rockin' hair!)

I did not because my team color is red! Except the race shirt was red too so I had to wear my white team singlet instead 🤪

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning.  I've had a busy morning.  5.3 mile easy run done, then some cleaning, then a trip to the grocery store.  More chores to do later.

And it was a 2:19 PR so I’m happy about that!

Nice race, Bluerun!

<3

Cyberic

19.3 miles. I ran with my RP for a good part of those, easy miles, then when he split, I picked it up a bit and finished with a more vigorous pace. The infamous dead zone, or whatever, but since my left ankle is hurt I can't run at anything faster than 10K pace right now, and even 10K pace is too hard (tried it yesterday). If I want to push myself a bit I'll need to push the volume, or run faster.

Cyberic

Congrats on the new PR, Blue!

Cyberic

Last time I went to the LRS, I saw Maurten gels. Almost 3x the price of normal Gu (non Rocktane). I bought one, and I tried it today. Very interesting. Goes down much better than Gu. The price tag is steep, though.

Slept in till 6:20, didn’t start run til 9:40😮😛

5 on stream grade, a bit faster than my as slow as I can go pace,

inside right ham a tiny tight.

I’ve been off since Tuesday, part because of Farouk but mostly because of a cockamamie foot/ankle pain caused by lacing of my bumming around shoes... soooo I’ve not been able to gutter walk nor backwards walk which of course contributed to inside ham being a tiny tight.

all better now and hopefully run again tomorrow

sdWhiskers

7 miles in our coolest weather yet.

Leaving for the airport soon to do some time traveling. 11 h flight but it will be Monday night when I get there.

sdWhiskers

2019 has been your year!

Awesome, congrats Blue!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 ugly miles. I was going to do 6 x 800, got through 3 and called it a day. My legs had nothing. I was also annoyed. There was a soccer game at the track, but since it was not HS, the track was still open. The bleachers face east, so they were in full sun. The opposite sisde is in the shade (at least this time in the morning), so some people were standing in the shade. The "cool mom group" was standing across lanes 5 and 6 in the curve (with their coffee, which is technically not allowed in the "stadium" area ever since they added the new field, then some guuy was standing in lane 4 about 20 feet from the moms. 

Bluerun, nice PR!

Nice job! Sounds like you need to run a 10k.

My 10 mile PR is 1:27. Maybe it’s a little soft.

I came down with a cold yesterday. Sneezing/runny nose & sore throat. I was up for a few hours in the middle of the night, and ended up pounding some Nyquil. So I kind of feel like shit, but have a LR scheduled today. I plan to give it a go and hope for the best.

Dave

LRB

I ran 20 on the hills.

It was 1,185 feet of elevation gain according to The Strava (1,153 on Garmin) and too many missing body parts to name. I am spent.

71 miles for the week which is my first time cracking 70 during the cycle. Clearly then, I am an amateur. #rookie