Beginners and Beyond

Icy TuesDAILIES (Read 22 times)

Cyberic

After the rain and mild temperatures, this morning it was 0 degrees F, with 18 mph winds, for a windchill of about -20, and so the mountain's surface was pretty icy.

onemile

After the rain and mild temperatures, this morning it was 0 degrees F, with 18 mph winds, for a windchill of about -20, and so the mountain's surface was pretty icy.

delicate flower

Yah mang, we got a blast of some arctic bullshit today.  Hopefully this will be winter's last hurrah.  As far as workouts go, I was on the bike trainer early this morning for a rather tough 90 minute spin and now my legs are tired.  I'll need to shuffle through a 5 mile jog later too.

<3

onemile

My indoor track is finally reopening March 8 after nearly a year.

Masks are to be worn whenever an individual is in the facility and is not involved in intense cardio-vascular activity in which wearing a mask is a potential health risk. Social distancing protocols are to be followed by all on the track, which means that runners and walkers may not exercise for extended periods in pairs or groups without returning to proper distancing and wearing masks when resting, walking or jogging.

so as long as I am running and not jogging, I don't need to wear a mask right?   (I don't think I'll really need to use it until summer)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like it's only if you are in pairs for an extended period of time.

I have 8 and weights.

Damaris

That seems like a pretty convoluted set of rules. I had to read it a few times. Why don’t they just say masks and 6 ft distance required at all times. Less room for argument. I’ve honestly gotten pretty comfortable wearing a buff over my face for long stretches, but never tried it for a hard workout. It would be a potential health risk!

8 miles. My pace over the last couple weeks has gotten slower. IDK what the deal with that is.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

That seems like a pretty convoluted set of rules. I had to read it a few times. Why don’t they just say masks and 6 ft distance required at all times. Less room for argument. I’ve honestly gotten pretty comfortable wearing a buff over my face for long stretches, but never tried it for a hard workout. It would be a potential health risk!

Probably would create a lawsuit. Wasn't there already issues in WI about masks?

In Delaware, they are having races, but right now you are required to wear a mask for the entire event.

onemile

8 miles. My pace over the last couple weeks has gotten slower. IDK what the deal with that is.

Maybe because you started doing workouts again?

Well I don’t think there’s an issue with facilities setting their own rules, just with state/local governments imposing mandates, because freedom.

Dave

onemile

the lawsuits re: masks comes down to political games (state republican representatives trying to undo anything our democratic governor does, for no reason other than he is a dem).  And the tavern league, defending our right to drink in bars! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

the lawsuits re: masks comes down to political games (state republican representatives trying to undo anything our democratic governor does, for no reason other than he is a dem).  And the tavern league, defending our right to drink in bars! 

Dying and getting drunk to own the libs...

Damaris

LRB

My indoor track is finally reopening March 8 after nearly a year.

Masks are to be worn whenever an individual is in the facility and is not involved in intense cardio-vascular activity in which wearing a mask is a potential health risk. Social distancing protocols are to be followed by all on the track, which means that runners and walkers may not exercise for extended periods in pairs or groups without returning to proper distancing and wearing masks when resting, walking or jogging.

So if doing a 3 x 2k workout, you can go maskless during your intervals but must put it on during the recoveries...unless they are floating recoveries then you could run the entire thing maskless...except if you're running with someone then you'll need your mask the entire time...unless you jog your recoveries and keep 6 feet distance...which would then mean you couldn't run the entire workout maskless. 

Cyberic

So if doing a 3 x 2k workout, you can go maskless during your intervals but must put it on during the recoveries...unless they are floating recoveries then you could run the entire thing maskless...except if you're running with someone then you'll need your mask the entire time...unless you jog your recoveries and keep 6 feet distance...which would then mean you couldn't run the entire workout maskless. 

I don't think it is complicated  .

On our little 2 lane 190m track, I sometimes pass people so often (some are actually walking, some against traffic) that I'm not going there unless nobody is freaking out anymore. Already before covid, when I was running intervals, I was freaking people out. I'm 6'6" and I run relatively fast in most people's opinions.

sdWhiskers

7 miles

I forgot I had a HM next week (postponed from last year). But alas, it's been postponed again. They give the option to choose virtual or 2022 so I'll just defer again. Virtual races give me no joy.

5, four on varied stuff at accotink, then 1mi of roadcrown hill....gotta pick at it just a little 3-4 times a week