Beginners and Beyond

Boston......Is it not important enough for network TV??? (Read 115 times)

LRB

By the way, other than Fuzzy, who is running in Boston?

Jay, Ric G, Never Run, and I believe Runwell3 that  can think of right off the top.

DavePNW

By the way, other than Fuzzy, who is running in Boston?

About 35,999 others. You're welcome.

RSX - aren't you running it this year?

MTA. If only there was a thread on all peoples' races....

04/21 runwell3 - Boston Marathon

04/21 stillbluesky - Boston Marathon

04/21 RSX - Boston Marathon

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: Thanks.

DaveP: No cheeky answers! Wink

RSX

Dave thanks for asking. Yes I am running just not very well (knee issues).

LRB

About 35,999 others. You're welcome.

lol

DavePNW

Dave thanks for asking. Yes I am running just not very well (knee issues).

Are you going to share your bib# so we can stalk track you?

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

This. Report to the L&O bib# thread pronto.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Watching a marathon on TV is about as exciting as watching paint dry, or baseball on TV.

You people have issues 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Watching a marathon on TV is about as exciting as watching paint dry, or baseball on TV.

You mean you aren't enamored with all the human interest stories interrupted every 15 minutes by a 60 second shot of the leaders?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RSX

No sorry I prefer to be semi-anonymous. I will post something on Monday.

DavePNW

No sorry I prefer to be semi-anonymous. I will post something on Monday.

Yeah I am not one to talk, I kept my marathon last weekend completely under wraps until it was done. Although if I actually ever qualified for Boston, it would be on a friggin' billboard.

Dave

LRB

It epitomizes the choices we had on television back in the 70's.

Shit, we even watched the National Anthem being played at midnight before the TV went off for the night.  And for those who were not around, when I say the TV went off I don't mean when we turned it off, I mean there was nothing on but a snowy screen!

Love the Half

You mean you aren't enamored with all the human interest stories interrupted every 15 minutes by a 60 second shot of the leaders?

If the coverage was on one of the major networks, I don't know if we'd get a 60 second shot.  It would just be a 10 second shot as they fade to a commercial.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

RSX

Yeah I am not one to talk, I kept my marathon last weekend completely under wraps until it was done. Although if I actually ever qualified for Boston, it would be on a friggin' billboard.

+1 everyone would be telling me to shut up. This will be my 6th Boston but first one there in 10 years.

Nevrgivup

Just popping in to say GOOD LUCK to those running! I will be there thinking of all my friends running.  Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.