Beginners and Beyond

Purple Penguin Monday (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Wear Purple for Peace Day!

PADRunner

Treasure hunting, yard work, and Group training at the track tonight for me.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It's supposed to be sunny today, wonder of wonders!!  I even managed to hang out laundry yesterday, so hopefully things are drying out a little.  It did pour on us Saturday, but we drove up to Manassas (again) to finalize the car purchase.  Now that's mostly done, except they gave us new plates instead of replacement plates, so I need to make sure the DMV knows we're putting them on a 2010 Prius, not a 2008 Prius.  All the little details!  Hopefully I can get out for a walk today in the sun!

PAD -- treasure hunting?  Sounds like fun!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning !!!   On my way for a short easy run.  Sunny and 60*.

Happy American Craft Beer Week...Cheers !!!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!

Probably another rest day today.  My back/sciatica is improving, but with a half marathon on Saturday I really don't want to piss it off.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

7 mile tempo run done this morning.  3.5 miles @ goal HMP.  Was hard.

Brilliant

Happy American Craft Beer Week...Cheers !!!

Cool...I am headed in the direction of Total Wine this afternoon; guess I need to make a stop.  Love that store. Big grin

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Good morning Penguins!

7 mile tempo run done this morning.  3.5 miles @ goal HMP.  Was hard.

Awesome - what is your goal half marathon time?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Awesome - what is your goal half marathon time?

Well, I ran at 9:40 today which would be about 3 minutes total off my January PR of 2:09:38...this is the goal I'm shooting for in September.

In the meanwhile I'm running a downhill half on June 4 which should be super-fast; I'm hoping for sub-2!  But I don't know if that "counts" Big grin  It will be fun to say I've done a sub-2 half even if I had to run straight downhill to do it!

Do you have a goal for this week?

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Well, I ran at 9:40 today which would be about 3 minutes total off my January PR of 2:09:38...this is the goal I'm shooting for in September.

In the meanwhile I'm running a downhill half on June 4 which should be super-fast; I'm hoping for sub-2!  But I don't know if that "counts" Big grin  It will be fun to say I've done a sub-2 half even if I had to run straight downhill to do it!

Do you have a goal for this week?

No goal.  I can't even walk without shooting pain down my right leg right now and I've been having intermittent foot numbness.  I'll probably gallowalk it and just hope not to PW.  So I guess sub 2:50 is my goal? =P

Brilliant

No goal.  I can't even walk without shooting pain down my right leg right now and I've been having intermittent foot numbness.  I'll probably gallowalk it and just hope not to PW.  So I guess sub 2:50 is my goal? =P

Injuries suck.  Fingers crossed for you to not PW.

From the Internet.

GUYS I GOT A JOB OFFER! I'm going to be teaching chemistry and biology starting this fall! Big grin Still have to go through all the official paperwork/don't know if negotiation is possible at all, but I verbally accepted the offer over the phone today Big grin The environment seemed perfect for me and they wanted to get back to me ASAP but had to interview two more candidates today before they could make the offer.

Singer who runs a smidge

Woo-hoo, Lauren!!  Congrats!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

GUYS I GOT A JOB OFFER! I'm going to be teaching chemistry and biology starting this fall! Big grin Still have to go through all the official paperwork/don't know if negotiation is possible at all, but I verbally accepted the offer over the phone today Big grin The environment seemed perfect for me and they wanted to get back to me ASAP but had to interview two more candidates today before they could make the offer.

Woohoo!  Awesome.  Is it at a private school?  If you have any questions about teaching chemistry to high schoolers, let me know.  I was a high school chemistry teacher for four years.  (Granted in a high needs inner city school, but chemistry is chemistry)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Lauren!

Hi, guys.  Busy day prepping for a trial on Friday.  Ran 5 on the TM.

Damaris