Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 37 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Thanks everyone for the congrats yesterday and today! I just have my iPad right now, but hope to snag hubby's laptop tonight so I can get an RR up.

I'm taking it easy today and will walk a bit and do some yoga and stretching. My legs feel surprisingly good after the hills then  five hours in a car. My calves are tight, but other than that I'm not sore at all.

i hope everyone has a great day!

LRB

Thanks everyone for the congrats yesterday and today! I just have my iPad right now, but hope to snag hubby's laptop tonight so I can get an RR up.

I'm taking it easy today and will walk a bit and do some yoga and stretching. My legs feel surprisingly good after the hills then  five hours in a car. My calves are tight, but other than that I'm not sore at all.

i hope everyone has a great day!

Excellent!

StepbyStep-SH

7.57 miles done to end the month with 234.3.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

7.57 miles done to end the month with 234.3.

That is a nice juicy number.  Well done going into the home stretch!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went a little crazy with the photo-taking at my 5K on Saturday..but it was at SeaWorld so there was a lot to Sea...errr...see...   Link to the photos and report is here:  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/7cdc40e987d44a81b5849241fd5753cf#focus

Sunday:  I went to downtown San Antonio this morning and ended up with 4 miles on the Riverwalk.  It was a beautiful day along the river, sunny, low temp (62 degrees when I started at 9 a.m.), low humidity and a gentle breeze blowing which felt great when I ran into it head on.  Sunday is a great day to run the Riverwalk because it is very peaceful in the morning, most of the 'tourists" sleep in late and the place does not get really busy until about lunchtime.  There were a few folks up early eating breakfast at some of the river patio restaurants I passed by on my run/walk.  The back half of the run near King William District was a bit crowded though, because I forgot the last Sunday of the month in San Antonio is Siclovia Day (Sick-low-vee-ah).  This is a day once a month when the city closes one of the city streets to all motor vehicle for quite a ways and lets people come out and walk, bike, hike, run, rollerblade, etc. on the closed street.  It's part of the city's program to get more people to engage in some type of physical activity to promote health and wellness. The street today was St. Mary's Street downtown and as that is quite close to the Riverwalk, there was some 'overflow" pedestrian traffic from Siclovia onto part of the Riverwalk.  But that's okay, it was all good, my outing was very enjoyable.  Lots of runners out too - some who recognized me from races and I got calls of "Go Scottydog!" lol - and my last mile I encountered a friend  who was doing his last mile too and had a very nice time chatting with him as we ran our last mile together.    After we finished, we sat on the patio of Blue Star Brewery - a local microbrewery that makes a really good lager - and had a cold one - so what if it was only 10 am.? ) -  cooling down, enjoying the sunshine and the river in front of us, and watching the other runners, walkers, and cyclists still out there.  Nice way to finish up!

Today is a non-running day.  Thinking about maybe doing weights after work, but I'm getting pretty lazy about it right now, may just go home after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good afternoon, Dailies!

Snuck out for 3 miles today, easy pace. I'm tapering for a 5 mile race on Sunday.

Tapering, you ask? Well, OK, I'm just wanting to take it a little easy this week in preparation for Sunday. That and I'm starting night shifts tonight.

Have a good Monday, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have fun at the gym later, Basya!

5 miles, nice way to start getting back to work, D2.

Opening day for what, DaveP?    I just cannot watch baseball on TV...I have to be at the game in person to enjoy it.

Do you do your miles before your weights, Damaris?  Good luck!

Your DH's phone skills, Lily, sound like mine, lol. I hardly ever remember to turn on my cell phone.  I get home and Gail says "Didn't you get my message?"  I turn my phone on, check and say "Yeah, I got it, it's right here." 

Hope you get the weather you are looking forward to, Baboon!  Dang, here in San Antonio we hit NINETY-FIVE on Friday, good grief.  And it's only March.  Our summer temps are probably going to be SOARING.

Good luck with your PM miles, FreeSoul.

Blizzard Warning!  Poor Andrew!  You have really had sucky weather this year! Moving?  San Antonio is nice... and our local job market seems to be booming for some reason.  We do have REALLY HOT summers, but that's only a few months out of the year...most of our Fall and Winter is pretty darn nice.  Oh, and we have no state income tax either.  One state senator suggested it once in session and just about got lynched by his constituents.

Good luck with the miles, Zelanie!  Hope Zoe is doing well.  And Mia too!  Did she get a toy to play with?

Well done, Step, and nice end to the month.  Glad you did not get hit by lightning from the impending thunderstorms you mentioned.

Good luck with the night shifts, Tom.....gotta be tough on the body clock, all those shift changes.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

After contemplating things just a little, I think we're going to go for a 4-6 mile walk today and leave March at 153.4 miles which is a PR month for me. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Scotty- Mia has decided she loves the sheep the best. She carried it up to bed with her last night. Zoe's favorite is the fish.

Zoe is doing great. She gets her staples out tomorrow and hopefully will get permission to have a little more freedom around the house. She has finally adapted to life in the pen. At night, I let her out to carry her upstairs, and she just goes and waits at the foot of the stairs for me. I carry her up, and she goes to say good night to DH and then just walks right in to her upstairs pen. It's kind of good and bad that she's just accepted that as her life.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty- Mia has decided she loves the sheep the best. She carried it up to bed with her last night. Zoe's favorite is the fish.

Zoe is doing great. She gets her staples out tomorrow and hopefully will get permission to have a little more freedom around the house. She has finally adapted to life in the pen. At night, I let her out to carry her upstairs, and she just goes and waits at the foot of the stairs for me. I carry her up, and she goes to say good night to DH and then just walks right in to her upstairs pen. It's kind of good and bad that she's just accepted that as her life.

Kind of like an injured runner, huh?   However, I bet once she gets a little more freedom and gets moving about again, she will start to comeback to her old self.  Just like we runners do post-injury.

The fish is the one that has the 'squeak' that only dogs can hear, if I remember correctly?  I thought that was very cool when I read the label and also thought that would give you and DH a nice break from having to listen to squeaking all the time if she chewed on it.

Of course, when you think about it...how do we humans really KNOW there is even a squeak in that toy, since only dogs can hear it?    I wonder if that can be tested somehow, lol.

Zelanie

We squeaked it when we first got it, and both dogs perked up right away. We were wondering what it sounds like to them. Zoe was just lying there "squeaking" it last night, and all we heard was air, nice. Smile Plus they got a greenie for after-breakfast snack.

LRB

I am home finally after a long day! Suffering from the effects of alcohol poisoning from my exploits yesterday doing what else, drinking more alcohol.  lol

Only a little this time!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me today.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Like the new avi LRB

Marjorie

B-Plus

Heading out for 7ish