Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #129 (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, last night I took my inline skates to the riverfront, ended up feeling so good I did 7 miles. The only time I'll ever complete 7 miles in 40 minutes 🤦‍♀️😁

I think this will be a good alternative to running for a while, and good cross training when I can get back to running more often.

I do need long socks... the chaffing on my shins is a first, and they were real itchy during the last 4 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Compression socks might help as well.

Morning! Sadly it's not my off Friday but at least I took Monday off. I have 6 miles after work.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Compression socks might help as well.

Morning! Sadly it's not my off Friday but at least I took Monday off. I have 6 miles after work.

I've tried wearing them during runs and didn't enjoy it, I had a lot of tingling and weirdness. So I didn't want to try it on my first time back in skates since 2013 🙂 might give them a try tomorrow morning though.

Since school was canceled, for me nearly every day has felt like a Friday, sometimes a Thursday 🙃

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

Ran 8.5 ish with 7 x (2minutes @3-5K pace / 1minute)

onemile

Ran 8.5 ish with 7 x (2minutes @3-5K pace / 1minute)

did those 1 minute recoveries feel super short?

Cyberic

did those 1 minute recoveries feel super short?

Oh yeah. The JD plan was to do 7 of them, but I programmed 8 in the watch. I saw why it was only 7. As you say, the 1 minute recs were very short.

.27, inside ankle, just below the ankle bone, lots of stuff in there. Felt fine last night and this morning but little ‘zaps’ like electric shocks when I tried to run.
                 in retrospect it is been picking a me for a week, as I got out my boot last weekend just Incase... don’t know if I should wear it or not

onemile

Oh yeah. The JD plan was to do 7 of them, but I programmed 8 in the watch. I saw why it was only 7. As you say, the 1 minute recs were very short.

I thought you were using a Hudson plan. Is it JD now?

KCRuns

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It does suck that I won't be able to take Jetta with me when I skate, she isn't going to be too happy about the lack of running, but oh well... hopefully we can get back to running almost regularly in a week or two...

PRs

Cyberic

I thought you were using a Hudson plan. Is it JD now?

I decided to do micro cycles of like 3 or 4 weeks, and reevaluate what I want to do after that.

I've been lacking speed work for a long time now, so I'll do a 3-4 weeks of it, and see what I wanna do after that. For this micro cycle I'm going JD style. I have at least another 2 weeks. Not that I can't change my mind, but that is the current plan.

It is easier to commit to a 3-4 weeks cycle than for 16 weeks.

The big picture I'm trying to paint for myself is that until I'm pretty sure I need to train for a marathon, I'm going to try to work on speed. But I'll see after a couple of weeks.

Right now my body is holding up. Haven't felt the usual pains and aches associated with running fast 200s and 400s on Tuesday. Maybe the hill sprints I've been doing once a week for a few months now are paying off.

onemile

I decided to do micro cycles of like 3 or 4 weeks, and reevaluate what I want to do after that.

I've been lacking speed work for a long time now, so I'll do a 3-4 weeks of it, and see what I wanna do after that. For this micro cycle I'm going JD style. I have at least another 2 weeks. Not that I can't change my mind, but that is the current plan.

It is easier to commit to a 3-4 weeks cycle than for 16 weeks.

The big picture I'm trying to paint for myself is that until I'm pretty sure I need to train for a marathon, I'm going to try to work on speed. But I'll see after a couple of weeks.

Right now my body is holding up. Haven't felt the usual pains and aches associated with running fast 200s and 400s on Tuesday. Maybe the hill sprints I've been doing once a week for a few months now are paying off.

nice. I like it.

sdWhiskers

Intended to have SRD from running. Got up and did 30 min Zwift (through hilly Innsbruck Austria). Drank a glass of chocolate milk and then DS wanted to run outside (its foggy and cool!) so went out with him for ~1.2 mi which was fine except for the belly full of milk 

MrW also forgets what day it is, while I'm over here still counting down the days until the weekend.

8 miles including 2.23 #IRunWithMaud.

Dave

RunningOnSand

8 miles including 2.23 #IRunWithMaud.

I walked 3'ish miles, and also 2.23 with #IRunWithMaud.

In other news, I have completed 2 weeks of 2x/wk of strength training (one day a week of upper body, one lower body). It's not much, but it's something. And, my ass is killing me again. I think last week when I did it, my ass wasn't as sore the first day after, and LRB & Docket reminded me it's always the 2nd day. They were totally right. If this week is the same, that means tomorrow will be all sorts of fun.