Beginners and Beyond

Live from New York, it's the Saturdailies! (Read 45 times)

LRB

I wish I had kept a log for the first 10 years.  That would've been nice to see (mileage and stuff).

How long have you been running?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I wish I had kept a log for the first 10 years.  That would've been nice to see (mileage and stuff).

I wish I had kept my logs, but somewhere along the way they were tossed in the trash on one of my many moves.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How long have you been running?

Since 1999.  It wasn't much.  From 1999 to 2004, I basically ran 1 mile a day or whenever I went to the gym.  During law school, I ran 1-4 miles a day to destress.  I took an 8 month break and I restarted in 2007-2008 and that's what has been logged (sometime after that, but not since the get go).

ETA, up until 2008, it was 98% on the TM.

Damaris

LRB

I wish I had kept my logs, but somewhere along the way they were tossed in the trash on one of my many moves.

Damn.

cjones1

Good morning fellow runnerds!

15.3m with 7 @HMP this morning. I really wanted to slow down after 4 miles into the 7, but I thought no way am I posting about a failed workout in the dailies, so thanks everybody for the guilt trip motivation. Smile Soccer later this morning and then who knows.

By the way, "Home" was really good. If you have small kids, they will love it.  I wonder what it's like to see an adult movie in the theater.  It's been years. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

From the Internet.

Morning!

14 miles done, one giant stack of blueberry pancakes with strawberries and syrup eaten. LR and ESU victory!

LRB

LRB

15.3m with 7 @HMP this morning.

That is pretty impressive!

Cyberic

65 minutes in the snow and slush. I ditched the strides. Not fun in this weather.

I bought a GPS watch not long after I started running. The two months before that, I always ran around the same park, keeping track of how many laps, and the total time. That's when every run was a PR attempt Smile Prior to that, there was about one month that I have not recorded, but there really wasn't much running in that first month.

LRB

I took my usual 3 mile detour to the track and once there broke off into a set of 10 x 400's. There was no particular target for me today and nothing remarkable about the workout other than I completed it.

I just really wanted to get that old feeling of running fast again and I did that so hooray for small victories.

I jogged 1.25 miles home for a total of 9 miles. Not bad considering just two days ago I did not think any type of speed work was in the cards for me this weekend.

delicate flower

13.5 miles done at 7:45 pace.  My legs were pretty achy today, so I took this one easier than I normally would a LR.  That said, I'm pretty damn happy that it yielded an avg pace faster than my marathon PR pace.

<3

LRB

13.5 miles done at 7:45 pace.  My legs were pretty achy today, so I took this one easier than I normally would a LR.  That said, I'm pretty damn happy that it yielded an avg pace faster than my marathon PR pace.

7:45 is easier than normal? Shit, let's race already!

Little Blue

Conflicting statements.  Please correct.

Little Blue

I got in three at normal pace, and maybe could have gone one more.  Came home to a short youtube yoga video, I think I need to start doing that after every run.  Cheaper than massages.

workinprogress11

10 easy with 6.2 being a 10k I jogged with a friend. I won't bother with an RR but my friend was not happy with her time. I was happy I didn't have to race it.