Beginners and Beyond

Live from New York, it's the Saturdailies! (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

37 degrees at noon on April 4th? Really? I mean it's fine running weather, but still, does not seem right. Sunny though!

6 miles.

Dave

onemile

Hello Oski, thanks for starting the dailies

Bought a FR 610 yesterday. It is going for $199 (Canadian), with HRM, on amazon.ca. I looked at the 220, the 620, the 920, the Fenix 3, but bought a 610 because of the price.

I don't need it, my Timex Global Trainer works perfectly. Online shopping is too easy 

I liked my 610. The 620 has been my worst garmin so far.  I'm on my 3rd cable for the stupid thing.

LRB

I fired up the motorcycle for the first time this year and went for my annual shakeout ride but only lasted 3 miles.

Not only was it colder than a witches tit on that thing, I had tears in my eyes like I was at a Luther Vandross concert so I said fuck that shit and came home!

She's ready to go though, just needs a bath.

cjones1

I fired up the motorcycle for the first time this year and went for my annual shakeout ride but only lasted 3 miles.

Not only was it colder than a witches tit on that thing, I had tears in my eyes like I was at a Luther Vandross concert so I said fuck that shit and came home!

So many quality metaphors in this post.  It's like poetry. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You have a motorcycle?

Saw Fast 7.  It was nice to see Kurt Russell in the movie.  Nice tribute at the end like you said.

Damaris

Little Blue

Oh shaddup.  Ours hasn't left the garage in two years.  It leaks bodily fluid, and DH hasn't had the time to devote to tearing it apart.  I've already renewed the tags once on a disabled bike, probably will this year, too.  And the weather here is perfect.  Bikes everywhere!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My neighbors ride their Harleys every weekend. #MiamiLifeProblems 

Damaris

Hip Redux

6.5 mile run done!   It was so damn windy, my ear buds fell out at one point. lol

I can confirm that Baboon ESU after his run today.  

From the Internet.

I booked my hotel room for Philly! Big grin It feels like it's real now, haha.

LRB

I am at Kroger, and so is the entire state of Texas! 

Then I heard someone mention that Easter is tomorrow, duh. 

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

I couldn't drag my butt out of bed this morning to meet up with the group that was doing the preview run for a half I'm doing in three weeks, so I went out and ran most of the course myself.  14 miles out on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, great run, awsome trail.  Overheard while passing a couple riding bikes (I was barely going sub-8, come on people, pick it up! lol), she commented, "Wow, we're really going slow", and he said, "It's ok, he's a triathlete". LOL  I guess it was the hat I was wearing, it's from J&A racing that puts on a lot of races in Virginia Beach, but it does kind of look like a cycling hat.

I gotta say, getting a nice start on my tan this year, weather down here is awesome! (check back with me in a couple months when I'm bitching about how hot it is LOL).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

7:45 is easier than normal? Shit, let's race already!

Conflicting statements.  Please correct.

Hmm...yeah I guess that does look odd.  It was all about the effort though and the pace just is what it is.  I had a headwind for the first six miles so I ran easy to conserve energy, then picked up the effort after the turnaround (HR and paces reflect this).  Normally I'd run the LR harder from start to finish because I can not mentally handle the LSR.

Anywho, after baconing with The Oskis, I hit the pool and swam 1,000 yards for the first time.  HOORAY!!

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You have a motorcycle?

Saw Fast 7.  It was nice to see Kurt Russell in the movie.  Nice tribute at the end like you said.

Not only does he have one but I got to see it the last time LRB and I went to dinner

Marjorie

onemile

I ran 6 easy with Bruno.

LRB

Not only does he have one but I got to see it the last time LRB and I went to dinner