Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are late to the dailies (Read 48 times)

Cyberic

Half Crazy, yeah, since you're paying for a service, I agree with Cyber that you should be able to email them and ask. Don't they look at your workouts and readjust as necessary?

Baboon, damn nice race.

Hope the rest of you racers kicked some ass!

Gail, you had an awesome run today, too. Nice job.

Bread, I'm a really easy going person and rarely get upset, but it pisses me off to high hell when people don't have the decency to move. I mean, really???? Good for you for going right through.

Well, I managed to catch some sort of crud over the last week and came down with a fever - body aches & chills, sore throat, runny nose, all that goodness. Was happy that Thursday was my SRD. Missed my run yesterday b/c of said fever. Woke up this morning (after sleeping 11 solid hours!) feeling marginally better so did a treadmill run for my prescribed hour (suuuuuper easy paced). Finished that, showered, then realized I was still feverish so now I'm laying back down on the couch. Sigh. I'm realizing that drinking coffee made me believe I had super energy and powers and probably shouldn't have drank any this morning. Not that I really regret running. I'm just more annoyed with missing yesterday's run.

Bought The Lore of Running (thanks for the recommendation, OFR  (and I hope you and the lady are having a great race!) and am going to try to start wading through it. It is one very large book.

Lore of running, although packed with very interesting and useful stuff, is a hard read. I couldn't read more than a couple of pages at a time, as it's full of references to other research papers and the like. I liked that what he claims is always backed up by facts, but it's still a hard read.

DavePNW

Lore of running, although packed with very interesting and useful stuff, is a hard read. I couldn't read more than a couple of pages at a time, as it's full of references to other research papers and the like. I liked that what he claims is always backed up by facts, but it's still a hard read.

I have generally no interest in reading about running. Is that weird? I guess it occupies enough of my life as it is; when I'm reading I'd rather read about other things.

Dave

Hello All!

Bread- People suck. Theres this one lady at my local park I see frequently who talks on the phone and zig zags constantly across the path. Ive gotten very close to shoulder checking her.

Baboon- Nice work!

OFR- Great job out there. That is some hot conditions to be racing in.

Paced my Wife for her first ever 5k. She ran like a champ and finished strong. Im very proud her. She ran a 37:XX or somewhere around there.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

JayB, your wife kicks ass. Didn't she just have a baby a few months ago? Returning to running after childbirth is no joke.

Cyber & Dave, good to know. I've just kind of thumbed my way through it so far. I'll probably take your guys' and OFR's approach and read through certain sections. I still love all things running. Maybe I'm weird. 

Docket, i really hope they don't cancel your race. Grr. Or if they do, I hope they let you know before you go to sleep.

Half Crazy K 2.0

OFR, congrats on the race.

JayB, nice race for DW!

Docket, hopefully they make a decision quickly. I can't imagine they want runners stranded in Canada.

oldfartrunner

Cyber & Dave, good to know. I've just kind of thumbed my way through it so far. I'll probably take your guys' and OFR's approach and read through certain sections. I still love all things running. Maybe I'm weird. 

It is actually meant to be read like that, like a reference type book, IMO.  The running physiology stuff is really interesting, and is pretty deep too.  I've had to re-read things several times-but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Coastal

Some good running going on today.

Baboon:  Nice half.

JayB:  Congrats to your wife.

OFR:  New world record in our AG?  Uh-oh....  Congrats on the race to both of you.  Double PR's?  How cool is that!

Docket:  Good luck -- hope you get to run.

Bread:  That kind of behavior is really frustrating.  People just don't get it that someone else might want to use the trail, too.

Half Crazy:  Another voice urging you to e-mail them and see what they say.  Could turn out to be a good thing.  If not....

Got out for 2 miles today after two weeks off.  Knee felt fine during the run, but after driving the short bit home it stiffened up and let me know it had been worked.  Nothing like what it did before though.  Loosened up again when I did my core and legs stuff so I'll just have to see how it does tomorrow.  Probably take it easy for another week, but will just have to see.

Oh, is there any way to delete a post?

Half Crazy K 2.0

When I type up my weekly recap of the week tomorrow, I'll include all my questions/concerns/lack of hitting any paces.

oldfartrunner

OFR, congrats on the race.

Thanks, and being self coached is where it's at IMO.  You know you the best, and it's fairly easy to work up a schedule. Even if you use a coach for a season, afterwards you should know how to do it for your self. Coaches make money by keeping people coming to them, when they could easily do it themselves. It's not rocket science.

DavePNW

Oh, is there any way to delete a post?

No. You can only edit to delete the offending text. Although you can't leave it completely blank.

Dave

Coastal

No. You can only edit to delete the offending text. Although you can't leave it completely blank.

Thanks.

oldfartrunner

Coastal: Thanks, funny!   I'm a has been that never was. ...Take care of that knee!

Jay: Thanks,  and Congrats to the wife!

onemile

I ran 17

Nice job Baboon!

Good luck tomorrow DaveP!  Any tracking?

DavePNW

Way to go Astros!! Verlander is a freaking rock star.

Dave

GEHamlin

Thanks, and being self coached is where it's at IMO.  You know you the best, and it's fairly easy to work up a schedule. Even if you use a coach for a season, afterwards you should know how to do it for your self. Coaches make money by keeping people coming to them, when they could easily do it themselves. It's not rocket science.

+1 to that. Congrats on the race - a PR is a PR.

JB - Congrats to DW on the 5k!