Beginners and Beyond

Matutinal Monday Penguins (Read 27 times)

tracilynn

Everybody go look at Damaris' "equipment" !!

Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BTW, here is the link to my Aug 10 5K.  Fun one, had costumes, beer salt, beer, breakfast tacos, and ice cream.  Link and report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2111d0eb922841f6a6af4ccf504bff8c/resume#focus

Good luck with your 6 tonite Damaris. Sorry about your asthma though.

Glad that sidewalk problem was taken care of, Awood.  Yeah, I have a collection of old LPs too...they go back to the 70s, etc.  Classic rock n roll stuff.  Probably not worth much, but I like 'em.   BTW, when I was in the Air Force and stationed in Blytheville Arkansas, I was a volunteer on some weekends and some nights at St.Jude's in Memphis.

Enjoy your SRD, Margo, and good luck with the shoe shopping.

Cotton shirt?  Gee, Traci, you could've just gone out in jogbra only.  No reason to be shy...and if you are about that, well, you said you were out before sunrise, right?

Nice photos, Kristin!  I like the full-length one of you on the bridge...and it appears you are the only happy person there, lol, everyone else around you looks very grumpy.   Glad you got to attend the second class. What's a burpee?

Congrats on your miles, Lauren.  Hope you're having a good day at work.

Good luck with the speed work session with the group, Mitch.  Stadium?   And hey, Mitch and Awood, Spring can be wet in Kentucky.  I was stationed at Wright-Pat in Dayton during my Air Force days and Cinci was only about an hour or so's drive, and Kentucky was right across the river from there.  Did a few races in both Cinci area and Kentucky.  The weather in Spring (March, April, May) can be quite wet at times,  sometimes even POURING wet, so if you do an event there in Spring, be prepared..bring gear for both dry weather and wet weather, cuz you just never know.  You're probably used to that Awood, I think Indiana and Ohio is kind of the same way in Spring.

Dang, Bin, way to get in some miles for today!

Congrats on your race, Cherie, and how nice of them to make you two years younger to get an AG award!  Big grin   Altho you look as if you should be in the  35 - 39 year age group.  Joking   Enjoy your rest day.

Posted by HsM:  Howdy, Penguins!!  I got sidetracked by an instrument issue this morning...  how funny..me too!  Gail was wearing it..hubba! .   Good luck with getting your instrument fixed, HsM!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sheesh, STOP LOOKING AT MY SHOES!Joking

No problem here, I don't look that far down..... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Good morning, everyone!  I had a good time camping.  I didn't get any running in, but did a good amount of hiking.  We were trying out a new place, and it was really nice.  Definitely worth a return trip!  DH stayed home with Mia at first, but joined us Saturday afternoon because she was pretty much climbing the walls at home.

Our campground had some lovely old growth fir trees and was by a creek.  There were edible blackberries, huckleberries, salal, and thimbleberries ripe.  The campground was about a mile from the trailhead (or across the creek if you wanted to get wet) from a trail that you could take all the way down to the reservoir maybe 8 miles downstream.  It was pretty overgrown in parts, but still really nice!  We heard a rumor of petroglyphs, but didn't find them.  There was a fire in the area 10 years ago when a camper didn't put their fire out all the way Sad, but our campground was just past the burn and pretty shady.  We missed the lightning storm (FIL and BIL got some on Friday), but it did rain on us a bit on Saturday.  Just a nice excuse to relax and play cards!

I woke up today feeling like I didn't even know how to run.  Have you ever had one of those mornings?  I just couldn't even imagine being able to run.  Luckily I made myself go out anyway, because I had a really nice 8.5 mile run.

Scotty- Thanks for starting us off!  I wasn't feeling very matutinal today, glad you were.

D- If the Hokas are for MLRs, what do you wear for LRs?  Something lighter for MP miles?  Or something cushier?  Is there such a thing?

Awood and Mitch- Penguin FE race?  Awesome!  Are we placing bets?

Margo- Hooray for new shoes!

Traci- Good job getting out there nice and early!  Hope the temps do cooperate for you!

kristin- Love the photos!  My dad took us to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge when we lived in NJ back in the day.

Lauren- Nice run!  Are you going to tell us more about your baking from this weekend?

Bin- Great mileage today!  That is such a bummer about your race this weekend!  Any chance to contact the RD and ask about an alternate to get your King of the Road title?

Cherie- Sounds like a fun race!

HsM- Hope your Monday has improved.

MNMickey- Thank you for your kind comments about Mia!  I didn't see them until I got back last night, but I appreciate it!

hog4life

Sheesh, STOP LOOKING AT MY SHOES!Joking

LMAO, I couldn't help it D, that was funny.

From the Internet.

Lauren- Nice run!  Are you going to tell us more about your baking from this weekend?

Yes! English muffins (I make 'em every week now, it costs maybe $1.50 for all the ingredients to make 16) and banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts. I purposely bought way too many bananas last week expressly for that purpose Big grin

hog4life

Zel, no bets yet. I'm afraid I would loose anyway. Challenges are fun though. Thimbleberry?

Zelanie

Lauren- Sounds yummy!  We seem to have ended up taking home somebody's banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts this weekend.  Somehow it ended up in our cooler.  Needless to say, they will be getting their container back, but not the bread.

Mitch- Thimbleberries are kind of like wimpy raspberries that fall apart when you try to pick them.  Sort of fun now and then, but not really a delicacy.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Zel- you're from NJ! Me too! Where (have we talked about this?)

Scotty- Ha! I don't know.... the people on the Brooklyn Bridge are generally tourists, they should be excited about being on vacation! Most of them walk the opposite way it seems, from Manhattan into Brooklyn, and my pictures were taken right at the beginning of the bridge, so they were all just finishing their walk across, which is a mile. I hear from non-running people that walking a mile is really far and long, maybe that's why? lol And another name for a burpee is a squat thrust I believe. You start in standing, put your hands on the floor, and then jump your legs back into a pushup position, you do a quick pushup, then jump your legs back to between your hands and then jump in the air. And you do a bunch in rapid succession. Though my class decided to make it extra hard by making you do a box jump at the end, aka jump all the way up onto a step aerobic step thing.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

krstin- I moved around a lot as a kid, but lived in Kinnelon (north central NJ) for middle school and high school. What part of NJ are you from?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

krstin- I moved around a lot as a kid, but lived in Kinnelon (north central NJ) for middle school and high school. What part of NJ are you from?

As in the Kinnelon Jets? I was a cheerleader, I know most of NJ towns by their squad lol I am from Hillsborough....Somerset County.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Zelanie

I don't know, my parents sent me to a weird little school in Mountain Lakes.  We were the Pansies (I'm not kidding).

I don't know much about your part of NJ, sadly.  We either went down the shore or over to Philly (where my dad is from), we never stopped in between!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I don't know, my parents sent me to a weird little school in Mountain Lakes.  We were the Pansies (I'm not kidding).

I don't know much about your part of NJ, sadly.  We either went down the shore or over to Philly (where my dad is from), we never stopped in between!

No reason to stop. There's literally nothing in my town. At all. The most exciting is the Applebees, which was only built in year 2000 or so. That's why I went away to school then moved to Brooklyn lol

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi ya.  Increased my running intervals to 1.5 miles, total 4.5 miles today. Kind of steamy with a 66 DP but there was a nice breeze.

Wore my thick Thorlos with the Kinvara's today as they seemed so hard on my skinny feet when I wore my thin "thocks". Seemed much more comfy.  Soooo..What socks do you wear with your Kinvara's?

Liked your pictures Kristin.  I still want to be a NYC tourist sometime.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Come to NYC!

Hi ya.  Increased my running intervals to 1.5 miles, total 4.5 miles today. Kind of steamy with a 66 DP but there was a nice breeze.

Wore my thick Thorlos with the Kinvara's today as they seemed so hard on my skinny feet when I wore my thin "thocks". Seemed much more comfy.  Soooo..What socks do you wear with your Kinvara's?

Liked your pictures Kristin.  I still want to be a NYC tourist sometime.