Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Ugha (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

I drive past the airport during my daily commute and parallel the runway approach zone for about two miles.  This morning the Boston Bruins plane was coming in as I was driving along that strip.  Pretty cool to see that.  It does seem odd that they'd be flying into Hartford instead of Boston, but then again it is a much easier airport to get in and out of.

That is kind of cool. Years ago I was once on the same flight to Hartford as the Connecticut WNBA team, who not surprisingly did not have their own plane. I would never recognize the players, but got a clue when I spotted a woman at the gate who looked about 7 ft tall. Had to look up her name again just now, but it was Margo Dydek, actually 7’2”, the tallest woman to ever play pro basketball. She sadly died a few years ago at age 37.

Dave

Cyberic

Happy Pre-Turkey Day!  I am four days from a marathon and my legs hurt.  Not sore from running...they hurt.  Like my joints and my bones.  I'll be fine when it's time to race, but that doesn't mean I can't whine right now.    Today is an SRD but I may spin the bike trainer easy this evening for some active recovery.

Funny (ok, weird) what taper does to us.

Cyberic

I drive past the airport during my daily commute and parallel the runway approach zone for about two miles.  This morning the Boston Bruins plane was coming in as I was driving along that strip.  Pretty cool to see that.  It does seem odd that they'd be flying into Hartford instead of Boston, but then again it is a much easier airport to get in and out of.

Flying in from Montreal after utterly destroying the Canadiens.

onemile

I am off work til Tuesday and ridiculously happy about it

LRB

I woke up at 4:00 ready to get this damn day over with!

bluerun

Super B****

I would be too. Actually at this point I'd be happy to be off until after Thanksgiving 2119, because my boss has this stupid pet project that I don't care about at all but because I'm the only other one here who can read Hebrew I get stuck with doing the. most. boring. grunt. work. ever.

And, like... I don't care about this stupid project!! (If they paid me more, I still wouldn't care, but maybe I'd pretend.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

That is kind of cool. Years ago I was once on the same flight to Hartford as the Connecticut WNBA team, who not surprisingly did not have their own plane. I would never recognize the players, but got a clue when I spotted a woman at the gate who looked about 7 ft tall. Had to look up her name again just now, but it was Margo Dydek, actually 7’2”, the tallest woman to ever play pro basketball. She sadly died a few years ago at age 37.

Ruth Riley was my jam, she's 6' 5". Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since that league debuted.

Off, maybe off tomorrow also.  I’ve gotten real tired of start every run with my rig by hams already raw... so rest... just little chores around the house.... re caulking the kitchen counters right now

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh.... I did not get to do anything this morning, hopefully I can get a workout and a run in tomorrow morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Speaking of basketball, LOL Duke.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Speaking of basketball, LOL Duke.

Hasn't just been Duke - lots of early victims this season. I love a good upset, so it's been fun to see.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

Has anyone used their local HS track during actual school hours? That’s my plan today, not sure how it will work out. Maybe depends on whether there are any outdoor gym classes going on.

Dave

LRB

Has anyone used their local HS track during actual school hours? 

Yes. At my last house, the track was in a court with classes on all floors overlooking it. Classes began sometime after 7:00 am and my workouts didn't end until about 7:30 ish. So I was running before class and during first hour. I must've looked like a hamster running in a wheel.

On the oft chance that there was an outdoor activity on Saturday, I would just run past the track and not go in.

sdWhiskers

Oh, and those "twigs" I thought I was running on in the dark? Turned out to be worms in the light. -_-

Snails at my house. Crunch crunch yuck 

sdWhiskers

5.4 miles in gorgeously cold temps. Feels like running in Vegas, but oddly more homeless people.