Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Ugha (Read 33 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Has anyone used their local HS track during actual school hours? That’s my plan today, not sure how it will work out. Maybe depends on whether there are any outdoor gym classes going on.

I have, though only a few times.  They don't seem to care.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Has anyone used their local HS track during actual school hours? That’s my plan today, not sure how it will work out. Maybe depends on whether there are any outdoor gym classes going on.

I haven't. There are 2 local high schools. One is 3 miles away, the other 3.5. I would use the farther one during school hours with far less hesitation--it is actually across the street from the school. I do skip it when they have sports events & close off the gate. I DGAF when the youth sports are playing, I will run on the track. They act like they own the place, so I do the same.

onemile

6 miles done. 4 more to do later.

LRB

6 miles done. 4 more to do later.

The 4 mile double is the easiest of them all.

LRB

I've spent the past 24 days eating all of the goodies I abstained from the 5 months prior.

If I don't reel it in soon, my new name will be Sherman Klump.

DavePNW

The 4 mile double is the easiest run she’ll have for the next 2 months. 

fyp

Dave

DavePNW

I have, though only a few times.  They don't seem to care.

Especially when there is not a soul in sight. I guess temps in the 30s out here are too cold for outdoor gym classes. Track was sort of locked up but there was an opening in the fence just wide enough for me to squeeze my fat ass through. 

8 or so miles with 5x800m + 3x200m. Wearing race-day shoes and Boston shirt. And that’s pretty much a wrap.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Especially when there is not a soul in sight. I guess temps in the 30s out here are too cold for outdoor gym classes. Track was sort of locked up but there was an opening in the fence just wide enough for me to squeeze my fat ass through. 

8 or so miles with 5x800m + 3x200m. Wearing race-day shoes and Boston shirt. And that’s pretty much a wrap.

WOO HOO!  BTW, it just registered with me that you ran on a track.  What's up with that?

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have always wanted to do this.

Damaris

DavePNW

WOO HOO!  BTW, it just registered with me that you ran on a track.  What's up with that?

Isn’t that where one often does an interval workout?

Dave

onemile

I've spent the past 24 days eating all of the goodies I abstained from the 5 months prior.

If I don't reel it in soon, my new name will be Sherman Klump.

did you lose weight doing so or just trying to have better nutrition?

KCRuns

I ran 3 on the treadmill this morning due to 38mph winds and rain.  I struggled with motivation and took a couple of walk breaks to play with my music.

Tomorrow I'm signed up for a predictor Turkey Trot.  It's a 4 miler and you had to put in your predicted finish time at registration.  You can't run with any electronic gadgets, including phones, watches and headphones.  Prizes are not for fastest race, instead they are for coming closest to your predicted race time.  I should note that this is one of the races I signed up for during brunch a few weeks ago (when I bought all the things), and I was just getting back into my running routines and was slower than usual.  I looked up my time that I submitted last night and it looks like I'll be slow jogging tomorrow so I can try to win something.  Stupid delicious mimosas, this is all their fault 

DavePNW

Tomorrow I'm signed up for a predictor Turkey Trot.  It's a 4 miler and you had to put in your predicted finish time at registration.  You can't run with any electronic gadgets, including phones, watches and headphones.  Prizes are not for fastest race, instead they are for coming closest to your predicted race time.  I should note that this is one of the races I signed up for during brunch a few weeks ago (when I bought all the things), and I was just getting back into my running routines and was slower than usual.  I looked up my time that I submitted last night and it looks like I'll be slow jogging tomorrow so I can try to win something.  Stupid delicious mimosas, this is all their fault 

This is kind of interesting. I think it would be really hard for me, I am pretty much a slave to my watch.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I ran 8.7 not so easy miles. Legs were stiff and sore for no reason. The forecast winds weren't as bad as I expected. Only 10-20 mph. We have a wind advisory tomorrow when we're driving south. I'm hoping that doesn't screw up the traffic too much.