Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Ugha (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

Current weather outlook: Saturday night low of 30, Sunday high 41. Can’t imagine seeing more than mid-30s during the race. Only 10% chance of rain, and not too windy. A bit chillier at the start than I’d like, but cannot complain.

Dave

onemile

Current weather outlook: Saturday night low of 30, Sunday high 41. Can’t imagine seeing more than mid-30s during the race. Only 10% chance of rain, and not too windy. A bit chillier at the start than I’d like, but cannot complain.

No you can't!

For the overnight:  Cloudy with rain and snow in the evening, becoming all snow late. Low 34F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 100%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

And then race morning:  Cloudy with rain and snow. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

DavePNW

No you can't!

For the overnight:  Cloudy with rain and snow in the evening, becoming all snow late. Low 34F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 100%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

And then race morning:  Cloudy with rain and snow. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

That, my friend, is bullshit. Sounds like a big fat DNS to me. Unless you’re jogging it with RP just for funzies.

Dave

onemile

Tomorrow I'm signed up for a predictor Turkey Trot.  It's a 4 miler and you had to put in your predicted finish time at registration.  You can't run with any electronic gadgets, including phones, watches and headphones.  Prizes are not for fastest race, instead they are for coming closest to your predicted race time.  I should note that this is one of the races I signed up for during brunch a few weeks ago (when I bought all the things), and I was just getting back into my running routines and was slower than usual.  I looked up my time that I submitted last night and it looks like I'll be slow jogging tomorrow so I can try to win something.  Stupid delicious mimosas, this is all their fault 

they have one of those around here. it's a 15k though and those closest to their predicted times win turkeys

LRB

did you lose weight doing so or just trying to have better nutrition?

B. Just wanted a clean diet. I didn't want to show up race day carrying dumbbells, which can happen during MRT if you're not mindful.

onemile

That, my friend, is bullshit. Sounds like a big fat DNS to me. Unless you’re jogging it with RP just for funzies.

I feel some obligation to do it no matter what since I made him register for it.  He has no sense in his head to think it's a dumb idea to do it 

onemile

B. Just wanted a clean diet. I didn't want to show up race day carrying dumbbells, which can happen during MRT if you're not mindful.

Just wondering. As I have intentionally been trying to drop weight for my marathon. Down 4-5 lbs so far.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran 3 on the treadmill this morning due to 38mph winds and rain.  I struggled with motivation and took a couple of walk breaks to play with my music.

Tomorrow I'm signed up for a predictor Turkey Trot.  It's a 4 miler and you had to put in your predicted finish time at registration.  You can't run with any electronic gadgets, including phones, watches and headphones.  Prizes are not for fastest race, instead they are for coming closest to your predicted race time.  I should note that this is one of the races I signed up for during brunch a few weeks ago (when I bought all the things), and I was just getting back into my running routines and was slower than usual.  I looked up my time that I submitted last night and it looks like I'll be slow jogging tomorrow so I can try to win something.  Stupid delicious mimosas, this is all their fault 

We call those prediction runs around here. Our store/timing team actually put on a fair few throughout the year. I'm always surprised how many people put down fast times. I put down my easy pace because my body pretty much knows how to run that without any thought.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I ran 3 on the treadmill this morning due to 38mph winds and rain.  I struggled with motivation and took a couple of walk breaks to play with my music.

That's awesome, I would love to try it.

sdWhiskers

Just wondering. As I have intentionally been trying to drop weight for my marathon. 

That was my plan too. Yet somehow I'm up 2 with 1.5 weeks to go. Oops.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. Still warm, but wind was kicking up, so at times it felt a lot cooler.

I have not visited my dealer the cupcake shop in over a month. Is the scale really doing anything? Not really. 

onemile

6 miles. Still warm, but wind was kicking up, so at times it felt a lot cooler.

I have not visited my dealer the cupcake shop in over a month. Is the scale really doing anything? Not really. 

I have been eating mostly salads, soups, cottage cheese and nuts and running 75mpw 

bluerun

Super B****

I did a predictor 5K in March (I think) -- you had the choice of running it as a predictor or as a regular 5K, and there were two sets of awards. The predictor winner came within a second or something of his prediction. I am suspicious still.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

A friend of mine did one of these last year (a 5K) and he won by coming within two seconds of his prediction.

<3

LRB

Just wondering. As I have intentionally been trying to drop weight for my marathon. Down 4-5 lbs so far.

Awesome! I stopped weighing myself after I got into the zone (after about a month). I kept it pretty clean for 20 weeks so weight was not a limiting factor.