Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #221 (Read 26 times)

DavePNW

Ran a 3 hour LR. 23 miles. A few gels (took 3) make a big difference in the energy level. Usually I take nothing.

16 miles with a few people from the running group.

Dave

Cyberic

NICE.  Putting in work!

I didn't know what to expect with the toe. Turns out I almost quit early because of my left ankle (bruised toe is on the right foot). Left ankle must have worked overtime in the first days.

I was out for about 18. Then thought I should make it to 20. Took a little detour on the way home because I would probably have ended up short of 20. Detour would make me go past 20 a bit, but not bad. Then I thought why not 34K? (20 miles is 32.2K), or even better, 35! All I had to do was run to the end of the path and back instead of turning home, and I'd make it to 35K. Then, when the 35K was almost done, I could get to 3 hours for a couple more minutes, and 3 hours is a goal of mine in marathon prep, so might as well do it today!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Cy.

LRB, oops. Missed that part. 

Damaris

sdWhiskers

RD. Driving north.

CA is like TX, you forget how massive it is until driving across it.

I didn't know what to expect with the toe. Turns out I almost quit early because of my left ankle (bruised toe is on the right foot). Left ankle must have worked overtime in the first days.

I was out for about 18. Then thought I should make it to 20. Took a little detour on the way home because I would probably have ended up short of 20. Detour would make me go past 20 a bit, but not bad. Then I thought why not 34K? (20 miles is 32.2K), or even better, 35! All I had to do was run to the end of the path and back instead of turning home, and I'd make it to 35K. Then, when the 35K was almost done, I could get to 3 hours for a couple more minutes, and 3 hours is a goal of mine in marathon prep, so might as well do it today!

👏👏👏

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with a fast finish.

LRB

RD. Driving north.

CA is like TX, you forget how massive it is until driving across it.

Michigan is a bear too. The drive north to Charlevoix is 6 hours, drive south the same amount of time and you'll have driven in parts of 3 states.

DavePNW

Michigan is a bear too. The drive north to Charlevoix is 6 hours, drive south the same amount of time and you'll have driven in parts of 3 states.

Even more it’s the UP that gets you. Detroit to Houghton is about 10 hours.

Dave

LRB

Even more it’s the UP that gets you. Detroit to Houghton is about 10 hours.

oof

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's around the time you take driving through the whole of Floriduh. Around 10-11.

Damaris

KCRuns

I did 10 today with my SIL and another friend. It was good!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got to do an actual LIVE 5K race this morning in La Vernia, Texas.  Nice seeing old running friends during this crazy time we live in these days.   Everything was done with safety in mind for all the participants, volunteers, etc.  Very well-handled event.   I posted my report and the link to the photos on the main page of this forum.

Now at home just totally relaxing.   Have been running pretty regularly, 4 days a week, Tue-Thurs-Sat-Sun.  Not much weekly accumulated mileage with this annoying spinal arthritis I have;  only about 12 - 19 miles a week but, between my pacemaker and the arthritis, I am just happy I can do any running at all and will take what I can get.

Hard to believe that on Aug 22 it will be the 1 year anniversary of when my pacemaker was implanted.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

That's around the time you take driving through the whole of Floriduh. Around 10-11.

At a glance, California looks the biggest in the North-South axis

Cyberic

Pulled the trigger on this: https://www.polar.com/ca-en/products/accessories/oh1-optical-heart-rate-sensor

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning! It was 54F at 7am so I went out to meet the running group and then came back home. 4.25 miles of allergy-full, but at least it was nice and cool. Forgot to pause the Garmin while I met the running group and then paused it and ran without it recording. I am a mess today, lol.  More tonight.

Dang, I wish!  When I started my 5K race this morning at 7:30 in La Vernia, Texas, it was already 78 degrees.

Sounds like you are enjoying that cooler Indiana weather up there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt