Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (NSFW) (Read 52 times)

onemile

Is this the powdered peanut butter you are discussing?

No, it is pumpkin spice peanut butter

DavePNW

Dave

onemile

LRB

My easy runs have been slower this cycle but I am not going to worry about it (much) because my workouts are going well.

I've set records for slowest easy miles this cycle. lol

There was a time when I would've flipped out, but it's cool now because I know it doesn't mean anything.

LRB

I've never had any. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being BOOM BOOM POW! What's the yumminess factor on it?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two nice run/walks done in the last two days.   Tuesday a run/walk around the campus of the university where I work, ending up with 3.6 miles.  This morning, a run/walk of 3.3 miles around the neighborhood near my local YMCA.   The weather in the mornings has been sweeet....63 degrees this morning, very low dew-point, actually feels like Fall.  The afternoons are a different story....96 degrees yesterday and and a high of 94 today, sheesh!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

I've set records for slowest easy miles this cycle. lol

There was a time when I would've flipped out, but it's cool now because I know it doesn't mean anything.

I think it means *something*. But it is what it is and forcing them faster isn't the answer.  To me what it is is a measure of how tired I am and how much my workouts/weekly mileage are beating me up.

But as long as I am recovering enough to hit pace on my next quality run, it doesn't really matter and doesn't mean my fitness won't be where I want it on race day.  Which is what I think you meant.

onemile

I've never had any. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being BOOM BOOM POW! What's the yumminess factor on it?

BOOM BOOM POW! 

And I don't love every pumpkin spice flavored thing.

LRB

I think it means *something*. But it is what it is and forcing them faster isn't the answer.  To me what it is is a measure of how tired I am and how much my workouts/weekly mileage are beating me up.

But as long as I am recovering enough to hit pace on my next quality run, it doesn't really matter and doesn't mean my fitness won't be where I want it on race day.  Which is what I think you meant.

Yes, big picture.

For me, the slower numbers are most often a result of fatigue, but sometimes I am just drifting mentally and on another planet. In either case I am content on whatever it is unless of course the workout calls for a certain pace or effort.

There was a time though when I obsessed with my easy pace to the point where I actually targeted a number, and ran it, regardless of how beat up I was.

Thankfully those days are long behind me and these days as you said, it is whatever it is.

LRB

BOOM BOOM POW! 

Pumpkin spice flavored stuff is one of those things that people seem to either love or hate. I cannot recall ever having a single pumpkin spice flavored thing though so I am completely clueless about any of it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Out of the office having lunch before a deposition and I can breathe so much better. Sigh.

Damaris

delicate flower

The RA GarminConnect communicator is now randomly trying to import my workouts from three weeks ago that have already been imported.  Seems every time I come back here, there is a new workout sitting on my log.   LOL

<3

cjones1

So, a question for all you guys who regularly run on hills, since I don't and really have no concept of what would be considered a rolling hill and what I would need climbing gear for.  I checked the elevation graph for my half next week, which I knew was hillier than the ones I've done before, but now I'm really wondering how much impact it will have.  Of course they advertise it as "fairly flat."  I suck at posting pictures, so I'll just describe the course:

Miles 0-5: 40 foot descent

Mile 5-5.75 or so climbs about 20 feet, and then 5.75-6 is down about 40 feet.

Miles 6-6.4 - 60 feet up to the turnaround. - This seems huge to me!

It's an out and back course, so of course I have to do this all in reverse.

So what do you think?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

BOOM BOOM POW! 

If it actually tastes like pumpkin, yummo.  Some of them are too fake.

Do want the PB!

Little Blue

A question for the ultra runners, especially the 24 hour variety.

My friend was talking to 'ultra man' (friend's name for him) at the park yesterday.  He says when he does a 24 hour run, he takes his own food with him because he doesn't like to stop.  If/when he gets fatigued, he slows down but doesn't stop.

Really?  Is it possible to propel yourself forward continuously for 24 hours, or is this guy just a little proud of himself?