Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (NSFW) (Read 52 times)

Cyberic

So, a question for all you guys who regularly run on hills, since I don't and really have no concept of what would be considered a rolling hill and what I would need climbing gear for.  I checked the elevation graph for my half next week, which I knew was hillier than the ones I've done before, but now I'm really wondering how much impact it will have.  Of course they advertise it as "fairly flat."  I suck at posting pictures, so I'll just describe the course:

Miles 0-5: 40 foot descent

Mile 5-5.75 or so climbs about 20 feet, and then 5.75-6 is down about 40 feet.

Miles 6-6.4 - 60 feet up to the turnaround. - This seems huge to me!

It's an out and back course, so of course I have to do this all in reverse.

So what do you think?

Those hills don't look bad for a half-marathon IMO.

Cyberic

My run didn't transfer to RA yesterday, so I loaded it manually. Then, it transferred.

I've had that yesterday, and the day before. Except yesterday, I didn't upload it manually. I just waited. Today it uploaded right away.

Cyberic

Tank / Arm Warmers / Shorts

Definitely shorts. I've never tried arm warmers (I have a pair but man, I just can't picture myself with those). So I'd go with long sleeves. But maybe I should try singlet/arm warmers one day... maybe.

LRB

I stopped by the sack of suds on the way home and built a six pack. The one on the right was inspired by Jay's pic, the other by PR, who claims it will bring me breakfast in bed. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 and change. 1+ easy, 24 minutes tempo, then 6 x 1 minute hard, 1 minute recoveries. I was able to do the second mile and last part of the tempo just under a 9mm pace, which hasn't been the case in a while.

Oh, about the race clothing. 35 degrees means tights and long sleeves for me. It is what level of thickness of each. I am a huge wimp about cold. Shorts, lol.

LRB

6 and change. 1+ easy, 24 minutes tempo, then 6 x 1 minute hard, 1 minute recoveries. I was able to do the second mile and last part of the tempo just under a 9mm pace, which hasn't been the case in a while.

Oh, about the race clothing. 35 degrees means tights and long sleeves for me. It is what level of thickness of each. I am a huge wimp about cold. Shorts, lol.

I would burn the hell up in that but I understand.

I always use the +20 degree rule. That is; dress for whatever the current temperature is plus 20 degrees, because that's how it's going to feel once you start running. So for me, 35 degrees equals 55.

Nice job on the run.

Zelanie

My best HM had a 30 degree temp at the start. I wore a million layers for warmup, and was down to a rental sweatshirt and hat for the start. By the first mile marker, I was down to short sleeves, shorts, and gloves.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Accuweather says "cool breeze" Sunday morning. 15 mph winds from the north. There will be no wearing of shorts by me.

Cyberic

6 and change. 1+ easy, 24 minutes tempo, then 6 x 1 minute hard, 1 minute recoveries. 

Nice workout!

onemile

I ran 9.  (4 with Mr. B and then 5 with Mr. O)

LRB

I ran 9.  (4 with Mr. B and then 5 with Mr. O)

We shall call it the alphabet run.

onemile

We shall call it the alphabet run.

As easy as A, B, C... 

Actually I didn't feel like running 9 miles tonight so this made it a little more palatable.

onemile

But maybe I should try singlet/arm warmers one day... maybe.

It feels faster than a long sleeve shirt!

LRB

As easy as A, B, C... 

Actually I didn't feel like running 9 miles tonight so this made it a little more palatable.

I believe it. It's nice to have options!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I stopped by the sack of suds on the way home and built a six pack. The one on the right was inspired by Jay's pic, the other by PR, who claims it will bring me breakfast in bed. lol

I was in Raleigh two weeks ago and grabbed one of these:

GOURD ROCKER IMPERIAL PUMPKIN PORTER

http://doublebarleybrewing.com/gourd-rocker/

it was quite tasty!  Got back to Texas and inquired about getting a 12 pack shipped.   um...  large bottle CHECK,  nearly 200 clams including shipping!   NO CHECK.   ouch.. mother pussbucket...   will have to try and find some when i go back in two weeks.