Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Coming Soon Near You (Read 43 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

DavePNW

Not soon enough!

So I am probably just going to be shutting it down for a while, I don't know exactly how long. Which makes me sad, but I think it is the right thing to do. Ironically, during yesterday's run which re-aggravated my injury, I surpassed 1000 miles for the year. Which was something I was actually looking forward to, when I was at 900 miles...about 2 months ago. I will also be looking to officially transfer my Detroit Marathon registration to someone, which also makes me sad; I was still holding out hope to at least make a slow jog out of it until yesterday.

Probably will not be visiting the dailies much, but hard to stay away from this place completely; will likely continue to make the usual smartass comments on other threads, as appropriate.

Happy running everyone else!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Whatcha got there, Chucko!  First day back to work after seven days off.  BOOOOO!  I guess it's better than being unemployed.  Sort of.

8.3 mile hilly run last night.  8:21 pace.  Easy-ish effort.  I mean, the downhills and flats were easy effort.  The uphills were not.  Flat run on the post-work agenda today.

I am wearing new pants, a new shirt, and new socks at work today.  I love than slim fit clothes are so easy to find on the clearance racks.  Big grin

<3

Hip Redux

After waking up to day four of back pain, I am bailing out of the tri I wanted to do this weekend.    Thankfully, I had the foresight to go with a day-of registration plan, so no lost reg fees.

StepbyStep-SH

Dave and Oski - Sending healing vibes your ways. Hope you both find relief soon!

You would think having had a SRD yesterday, I'd be full of energy today. Unfortunately, I do not function well on less than 5 hours of sleep, so though I did get just short of 10 miles in, they were s-l-o-w. I almost quit after the first mile and climbed back into bed, and I may have run part of it with my eyes closed.

Who has coffee?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Glad I took yesterday off.  My asthma feels much better, so I did 11 miles this morning.

Dave, Oski, hope your respective issues resolve soon.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. LOL Damaris, I can see that pic even through the company filter and it's a good one. Smile

Dave, get better man. Pull a Ryan Hall and just listen to your body and take it easy for a while.

6 mile Pace run @ 8:20 overall pace this morning. I've got an small Easy run scheduled for tomorrow and then a 20 mile LR on Saturday morning. I'm considering donating blood in a couple of hours, and am wondering if it will affect my 20 miler on Saturday. I'm leaning towards doing it, but open to comments.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 for me. In the rain. Nice to not be as hot.

Marjorie

Jess runs for bacon

All of you hurt people need to get better Sad

probably going to hit the bike for a while today, and I am going to join a group run tonight. New group for me (Not a new place though).

StepbyStep-SH

Morning dailies. LOL Damaris, I can see that pic even through the company filter and it's a good one. Smile

Dave, get better man. Pull a Ryan Hall and just listen to your body and take it easy for a while.

6 mile Pace run @ 8:20 overall pace this morning. I've got an small Easy run scheduled for tomorrow and then a 20 mile LR on Saturday morning. I'm considering donating blood in a couple of hours, and am wondering if it will affect my 20 miler on Saturday. I'm leaning towards doing it, but open to comments.

Have a great day everyone!

Personally, donating blood affects my runs for at least a week, sometimes more, though more in terms of speed/energy than the ability to slog through. The difference may be that I am a 5'5" 125-lb female with fairly low iron to begin with - that pint takes a pretty good share of my red blood cells with it. I don't think men feel as much impact due to naturally higher iron levels and larger blood volume (if they are larger than me, anyway).

Good for you for donating, whether now or if you delay until after a goal race. The last time I tried, I was turned away because they came up with wacky low blood pressure numbers.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When I donated blood last, the run the next day went slower than normal but by day 2, the paces were back to normal.  It also depends on you, your nutrition, and whether you are low on things like iron and stuff.  Some might take 1-2 weeks, some might take 3-5 days.  The lingering tiredness takes a bit longer than 1-5 days.  Never do it within 2 weeks of a race.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yesterday San Antonio hit 103 degrees for a high, our 17th day in a row with a temp over 100 degrees, some fun! Roll eyes   I was up at 5 a.m this morning and ran a route near the San Antonio Riverwalk.  One of the roads down there was blocked off, so I had to take a detour.  My detour turned out to be a bit longer than I thought so instead of my planned 3 miles, I ended up with 3.8 miles.  Oh well, all good, I was feeling strong and got it all done with no problem.  Very humid and sticky though, 77 at start time, 79 by the time I finished, dewpoint of 76, humidity of 84 percent.  Sweat sweat sweat!

Today is August15.  Holidays are National Failures Day, Best Friend Day, and National Lemon Meringue Pie Day.  Pie - any kind of pie - yet another food type I don't like.

photo pie_zpsf8f3096a.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Dave and I are going to start our own forum and call it "Running Behind".   All injured folks welcome to join.