Beginners and Beyond

The FIFTH (Read 57 times)

Zelanie

It has come to my attention that I'm subscribed to Running Times through 2020. WTH?

Did you accidentally just pay every single time they sent you an early renewal notice?  Or are you wanting to make sure you get a copy once you're on the cover of that one? Smile

OOTB- Good to see you!  How are the chickens?

Hip Redux

Makes sense. It does takes more "power" to burn the same amount of energy in less time. Calories are a measure of energy, time is, well, time, and usually the measure for power is watts. Unless there is another unit more appropriate for running. Why is power (watts) absent of running litterature when it is such a limiting factor to runners?

I know nothing about this, but my guess is 1) there's no equivalent way to directly measure power like with a bike and 2) a good surrogate for power when running is knowing speed and distance (and the individuals weight, if you want to calculate), so it's not necessary to directly know the power exactly in a running discussion.

Just a guess.

LRB

It has come to my attention that I'm subscribed to Running Times through 2020. WTH?

That's a shit ton of front covers man.

I think I paid $5 or something stupid like that for my current subscription to RT, and recently received a free "trial" subscription to Runners World.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got in 3 miles earlier this morning with Dorian.

Seriously contemplating on adopting a 4 month old female GSD..... I just need to see if she will connect with Dorian and Rocky..... 

I feel rushed about it though, DH is already contemplating getting a puppy just because he thinks Dorian will bond with just any puppy he brings home. Who cares about the fact that I am the one who has to clean up after the dog, take care of the dog and everything  Being that I will be the provider of this animal, I think I should be the one to decide on the animal.

Here is a few pics of her.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I know nothing about this...

BREAKING NEWS.

You know something about everything, don't you?

Hip Redux

You pretend to know something about everything, don't you?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

For being a mere 81F it seemed awfully hot out there with the direct sunlight beating down. Opted to cut the run short to 7.6 miles bnecause of the sun and heat. Maybe running at 2:30 pm in July isn't the best time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

For being a mere 81F it seemed awfully hot out there with the direct sunlight beating down. Opted to cut the run short to 7.6 miles bnecause of the sun and heat. Maybe running at 2:30 pm in July isn't the best time.

You were smart to cut it short, heat is one obstacle that is very difficult to overcome in running. You could end up dead or worse, half dead.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woke up to a very sick puppy dog.   Poor thing is under the couch right now.  Hopefully we will get through without a trip to the e-vet.  We'll see.  In the mean time, I ran 9 on the TM and we're gearing up to watch the world cup final.

Poor puppy!  I'll still be on the TM when the game starts. More or less.

Damaris

onemile

FS - Awww, she is cutie. I love that awkward bat-eared stage. A 4 month old GSD might still be pretty mouthy - depending on where she is in teething and what training she has had. GSD puppies can be real land sharks (mine was just terrible).  And they are a lot of work - pretty high energy.  But she might make a great running buddy for you once she finishes growing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got in 3 miles earlier this morning with Dorian.

Seriously contemplating on adopting a 4 month old female GSD..... I just need to see if she will connect with Dorian and Rocky..... 

I feel rushed about it though, DH is already contemplating getting a puppy just because he thinks Dorian will bond with just any puppy he brings home. Who cares about the fact that I am the one who has to clean up after the dog, take care of the dog and everything  Being that I will be the provider of this animal, I think I should be the one to decide on the animal.

Here is a few pics of her.

Yes! Puppy!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Us closest to the sun would never run between 6am and 7pm!

Damaris

Zelanie

Hope you're getting to see the start!

Poor puppy!  I'll still be on the TM when the game starts. More or less.

LRB

LRB

Hope you're getting to see the start!

Is that score right??