Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Take Two (Read 34 times)

Runshortii

Ran 6 last night on the dreadmill after work. Will either get in 3 tonight or call it a SRD depending how I feel after another 12 hour shift 

Cyberic

Finally decided to run a little. 4 miles. A little bit is better than nothing at all.

onemile

Finally decided to run a little. 4 miles. A little bit is better than nothing at all.

You ran a lot last week. How's your foot feeling?

Cyberic

Feeling ok. Not worse than before, and maybe even a little better. Although a long term process, I think the 5 minutes of stretching per day I started doing a couple of weeks ago might be helping. Time will tell. For the moment it's fine. The arch of the foot hurts at times, but nothing hardly bearable like I had this past Spring and Summer.

Cyberic

You ran a lot last week. How's your foot feeling?

You're getting back at it too, I see. Over 50 last week. Are your post-marathon blues over?

onemile

Feeling ok. Not worse than before, and maybe even a little better. Although a long term process, I think the 5 minutes of stretching per day I started doing a couple of weeks ago might be helping. Time will tell. For the moment it's fine. The arch of the foot hurts at times, but nothing hardly bearable like I had this past Spring and Summer.

Do you have any races planned this spring?

onemile

You're getting back at it too, I see. Over 50 last week. Are your post-marathon blues over?

Not really. I just started back with coach Addie after taking Dec off and doing what I felt like. Without her schedule I wouldn't have run everyday, especially with the shit weather we've been having

Zelanie

School is out again today.  I guess it refroze again over night and all of this rain has added to the slush.  Roads aren't terrible but the driveways and parking lots of all the schools were.  We are going to be working all summer at this rate.

Even with time to run today, I still think I'll run with the group tonight if there is a group run.  Right now it's 36, feels like 30 with rain.  Later it will be 39 feels like 34 with showers.

onemile

School is out again today.  I guess it refroze again over night and all of this rain has added to the slush.  Roads aren't terrible but the driveways and parking lots of all the schools were.  We are going to be working all summer at this rate.

Even with time to run today, I still think I'll run with the group tonight if there is a group run.  Right now it's 36, feels like 30 with rain.  Later it will be 39 feels like 34 with showers.

Showers sound nicer than rain

Zelanie

Showers sound nicer than rain

Showers mean we actually might not get rained on at all.  Feet will be cold and wet and slushy still.

No more marathons

Not really. I just started back with coach Addie after taking Dec off and doing what I felt like. Without her schedule I wouldn't have run everyday, especially with the shit weather we've been having

Yeah - having a coach looking over your shoulder makes you do things you wouldn't ordinarily do.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Do you have any races planned this spring?

I have not commited to anything yet, but I am interested in a 5K and a half-marathon right now. Running a 10K would be nice also, but I didn't see one that appealed to me yet, although I didn't really look.

No more marathons

Got my 5 with 6 X 100 strides in as scheduled.

Tomorrow will be fun:

2 miles warm up/ 1.5 miles cool down

Fartlek: 1-2-3-2-1 minutes hard, matching minutes easy
                            Ex. 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy, 2 mins hard, 2 mins easy, etc.

Where does she come up with this shit?  Does keep it interesting.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Got my 5 with 6 X 100 strides in as scheduled.

Tomorrow will be fun:

2 miles warm up/ 1.5 miles cool down

Fartlek: 1-2-3-2-1 minutes hard, matching minutes easy
                              Ex. 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy, 2 mins hard, 2 mins easy, etc.

Where does she come up with this shit?  Does keep it interesting.

I have had that one before where you do the 1 minutes at 5k pace, 2 minutes at 10k pace, 3 minutes at HMP, with matching recoveries. And sometimes the recoveries are at "moderate effort".

The variety of it is what I like best.

onemile

I have not commited to anything yet, but I am interested in a 5K and a half-marathon right now. Running a 10K would be nice also, but I didn't see one that appealed to me yet, although I didn't really look.

You will easily run a 5+ mins HM PR