Beginners and Beyond

Snow Dailies #19 of 366 (Read 19 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's snowing.  Again.  Schools are closed, well, most. I work with a program in southern MD and they had a 2 hour delay.  Did a 30 minute spin workout before logging in to work.  Guess I'll be looking for a clear spot of pavement to do a really boring long run this weekend.

DavePNW

It's snowing.  Again.  Schools are closed, well, most. I work with a program in southern MD and they had a 2 hour delay.  Did a 30 minute spin workout before logging in to work.  Guess I'll be looking for a clear spot of pavement to do a really boring long run this weekend.

LOL. In MI there was a 1-mile stretch near me that was usually the most cleared; I’d go back & forth on that for a 20-miler.  And that was even when I had a treadmill option—still better!

I ran 9 miles at 36 degrees. Still a lot of icy sections, despite being above freezing for the last 24+ hours. So had to be careful, but managed. Same temp as my run last night, but no drizzle this morning. Makes such a difference at that temp—last night was miserable, this morning was quite pleasant.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  A balmy 22 degrees this morning.  I ran five miles and felt good.  I would have kept running but had work meetings to get to.  Five miles was all I had scheduled though, so I completed my assignment.  That is all for today.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW,  I would try to do my weekend runs outside when I still had a working treadmill.  There us a relatively flat .6 mile road that I used then. I also found that I could do a series of out and backs on the side streets that get little traffic and it was about 5 miles.

DavePNW

DavePNW,  I would try to do my weekend runs outside when I still had a working treadmill.  There us a relatively flat .6 mile road that I used then. I also found that I could do a series of out and backs on the side streets that get little traffic and it was about 5 miles.

Yeah in the winter I'd use the TM on weekdays, because snow/ice/cold/wind is one thing, but adding the early morning darkness is another. I'd try to get outside on weekends. I'd often decide on whether to do my LR Saturday or Sunday based on the weather forecast.

Dave

sdWhiskers

3 miles in 55F. And a gorgeous sunrise.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Today's snowfall has resulted in cancellation of tomorrow's race (parks commission told the RD to cancel).  In sad news, my mother died late last night in the hospital.  It was quiet and peaceful, and she was surrounded by family.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fred, I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you and your family are doing ok. The race cancellation seems to make sense--not sure if your snow is "overacheiving" like ours.

Baboon

delicate flower

I am very sorry to hear about mother, Fred.

<3

sdWhiskers

Sorry for your loss, Fred.

DavePNW

Fred—condolences on your mom. That’s the way we should all go though.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We got around 3" during the morning commute but it's my compressed day off, yay. I used the snow blower and cleared our driveway and sidewalk so hubby does not slide when it starts melting.

Feels like -1F so 5 miles on the TM later.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Today's snowfall has resulted in cancellation of tomorrow's race (parks commission told the RD to cancel).  In sad news, my mother died late last night in the hospital.  It was quiet and peaceful, and she was surrounded by family.

I am so sorry, Fred. Hugs.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I normally do the same. Or on Tuesday and Thursday if work lets me go out then I hit outside at noon. Unless it's hot or super windy. Or like today, -1F and windy.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was considering trying the county's rec center this weekend since they have a 1/5 mile loop around the indoor fields.  Already announced they are closed tomorrow.  At least they have been clearing the roads.