Beginners and Beyond

August goals. (Read 60 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

And the difference between your "real runs", "walks" and "ultrajogs" would be...........?

(They keep settin' 'em up and I keep knockin' 'em down).  

Yep, running/walking 63 miles is definitely the same as running/walking 4 miles after they cut me open, shaved down my femur and hip socket, stitched up some cartilage and and then put humpty dumpty back together again.  I see no difference either.

Running is dumb.

delicate flower

Y'know, I was actually thinking about waiting for you to post first and doing the exact same thing....

<3

catwhoorg

Labrat

200 miles.

8 quality workouts.

(no races for me)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

RSX

Run in my 12th state Monday (VT) and my 3rd Province (Quebec never got to run there in the past)

At least 140 as I come back from a knee issue and hopefully progress at training for 26.2

Don't fall the rest of the month. I fell on a sidewalk today for the first time in years, and have a big gash on my knee.

Mmmmm...beer

Dude, if you run sub 5:30 at 175, I will be seriously impressed.  That's tough.

Might be overly optimistic, but gotta shoot for something. Smile  I went 5:39 last year at around 185, so I figured I'd shoot for sub 5:30 with some weight loss and hopefully improved fitness.  I was the biggest guy to go sub-6 at that race last year.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

on my way to badass

PR a 5k. Get back on HM training program post vacation.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Might be overly optimistic, but gotta shoot for something.

Fuck that you are sub-5:00 material, do not think you are know you are.

Maybe not this race but someday...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Dude, if you run sub 5:30 at 175, I will be seriously impressed.  That's tough.

I had a friend in college, non-runner, basketball player, who ran 5:28 and he must have weighed at least 240, maybe 260, but then he was 6'8" or so.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

I had a friend in college, non-runner, basketball player, who ran 5:28 and he must have weighed at least 240, maybe 260, but then he was 6'8" or so.

There are some key words which translate as "young."

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Mmmmm...beer

Fuck that you are sub-5:00 material, do not think you are know you are.

Maybe not this race but someday...

I like the sound of that. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

Marathon.  Healthy.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Antipodean

I'm just coming back from injury and made 10.2 miles this week, my highest for more than 3 months, so I'll be happy to get over 50 miles for August, more I hope. I registered pre-injury for a half at the beginning of November so am now very motivated to meet that longer term goal.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Get off the elliptical, back on the road.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

There are some key words which translate as "young."

Yeap, most high school aged kids can roll outta bed and go sub-6:00 (figuratively speaking of course).

To that point some of the better teen soccer clubs around these parts require a sub-5:00 mile to make the team, which sounds daunting but apparently is not at all unattainable for those whom train for it.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yeap, most high school aged kids can roll outta bed and go sub-6:00 (figuratively speaking of course).

To that point some of the better teen soccer clubs around these parts require a sub-5:00 mile to make the team, which sounds daunting but apparently is not at all unattainable for those whom train for it.

Those kids don't weight 260 lbs and play center on a D1 college basketball team either. I think LTH has been one of the posters who has questioned someone over 200 lbs being able to run a sub-5:00 mile. Why then downplay someone well over that weight running 5:28 WITHOUT training for it just because he's young. He was one of only 3 in the college phys ed class able to run sub-5:30.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.