Beginners and Beyond

August goals. (Read 60 times)

Mmmmm...beer

- Continue to drop weight, sub-175 would be nice by the end of the month

- Continue to rock my Pfitz 18/70 plan

- Sub-5:30 at my mile race on 8/16

- 176lbs at last weighin, could be lower now, won't know until Tues morning (traveling at the moment), doing well and still heading in the right direction

- Dropped my Pfitz plan and I'm opting for increased mileage, going well so far

- Skipped the mile race while nursing a mild calf strain

Overall, a great month, set a new monthly mileage PR at 307.1 miles, feel stronger than ever.  With 11 weeks to go until Richmond, I think I'm on track for a huge PR. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Sorry MM, hopefully September is better!

LRB

1. Average mileage in the mid to high 50's for four weeks while remaining true to my speed work.
        2. Since there are five Sundays in the month, hit the 60's by the end of it.
        3. I have a 10k on the 30th that will be raced on tired legs.  My goal at this point is to run it competitively...that could and probably will change by then though.  lol  

This was perhaps my best month ever in terms of pure training.  Look for September to kick my ass in return!

B-Plus

DavePNW

Goal fail.  I finished with 41.  I had to take a week off due to a flare up.  Recovery blows.    Like I said in a previous thread, I have no idea how some of you are able to build back up so quickly.  I guess 2.5 years of injury takes its toll.

Sorry.  Gotta be so frustrating - the spirit is willing, the body will not cooperate. Others who were able to build back up quickly were not coming back from what you are. Like you said you are basically a noob again, except with some refurbished parts. The miles will come, because you will not give up, but I guess the timetable is that whole "experiment of one" thing.

Dave

DavePNW

1. Stay healthy.

2. Hit all my target training paces.

3. 250 miles.

1. So far so good.

2. Close enough.

3. Umm...308. Sandbag much?

Dave

Hip Redux

I don't think I set any goals?  Therefore, I did not fail at any of them.  Winning!

LRB

I don't think I set any goals?  Therefore, I did not fail at any of them.  Winning!

This thread would not exist if we all won in that manner. 

Next month, grow some boy parts. 

Hip Redux

This thread would not exist if we all won in that manner. 

Next month, grow some boy parts. 

You can't win in that way.  ONLY ME.

And... no.

LRB

You can't win in that way.  ONLY ME.

And... no.

I'll tell you what, if I feel as if I am tempting fate then I won't be posting shit either.  lol

delicate flower

1.  10K PR

2.  Keep up with the speed workouts and increase the LR distance

3.  251 miles

Done, done, and done!  However, my month was a complete failure because DaveMichigan beat my miles.  Life sucks.

<3

DavePNW

Done, done, and done!  However, my month was a complete failure because DaveMichigan beat my miles.  Life sucks.

You're still way, way faster than me, so there's that.

Dave

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sorry.  Gotta be so frustrating - the spirit is willing, the body will not cooperate. Others who were able to build back up quickly were not coming back from what you are. Like you said you are basically a noob again, except with some refurbished parts. The miles will come, because you will not give up, but I guess the timetable is that whole "experiment of one" thing.

Thanks, Dave.  I knew it would be a long road, but it's frustrating to be on that road.  I think Baboon isn't human being able to run those kind of crazy miles after knee surgery.  I kind of hate him now. 

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Thanks, Dave.  I knew it would be a long road, but it's frustrating to be on that road.  I think Baboon isn't human being able to run those kind of crazy miles after knee surgery.  I kind of hate him now. 

I seem to be going the wrong way.  I had hip surgery and now my knee really hurts. lol   It's like the anti-Baboon.

DavePNW

You know who I bet you hate more - people who are perfectly healthy, but are like, "eh, I just can't get myself motivated to go run".

Dave