Beginners and Beyond

Hotels Stink..... Blah (Read 79 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am trying to find a hotel within walking distance of the Indy race, and every one of them I have picked so far (7) say no availability from November 6 to November 8  How can so many hotels already be booked!!!!! I really do not want to have to drive damn it, I really wanted the Embassy Suites that Onemile told me about, but they're already sold out and even the Springhill suites that we stayed at last year (funny to say that now) are sold out!!!

Can somebody help me, the race starts on W Washington St near the Convention Center and I would really like to find a hotel that is right there, or a 10 minute walking distance at most.                                                                                  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

People pre-book or the hotels might not be available yet.  I usually book 3-4 weeks before the race, even big races like NYC, and I always find good hotels.  I would keep checking.  I am sure you can find good ones closer to the race.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I called the Embassy Suites and the woman said they were already sold out on those dates 

But I did find a suite at the Hilton Garden Inn that is near the Monument Circle, pretty much a 10-15 minute walk from the start and finish, $259 a night but easy cancellation if I choose to. The sofabed/living room area is in a separate room from the king size bed so my mom can come with us and have some privacy at night plus the bathroom looks really nice and has a big tub (Springhill did  not have a tub in our room  Wink. It isn't cheap but I want to make sure that everybody is comfortable.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

So much anger. Is this really the way you want to begin the new year?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So much anger. Is this really the way you want to begin the new year?

It's frustrating dang it, so yes. I like getting as many of my ducks in a row as I can, and having the security of a hotel reservation booked so far in advance makes me feel calm and settled as that is normally my biggest worry with out of town races   

PRs

LRB

It's frustrating dang it, so yes. I like getting as many of my ducks in a row as I can, and having the security of a hotel reservation booked so far in advance makes me feel calm and settled as that is normally my biggest worry with out of town races   

I can dig it. What did you do last year?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can dig it. What did you do last year?

you mean hotel wise?

It is funny to say last year and mean 2014 lol, it was only yesterday.... now for screwing up my checkbook and other things where I have to put a date for the next 3-4 months lol.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't worry about it. I stayed across the street from the Chicago Marathon finish line (I could see the finish from my room) and I booked 2 weeks out.  There will be rooms later.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wouldn't worry about it. I stayed across the street from the Chicago Marathon finish line (I could see the finish from my room) and I booked 2 weeks out.  There will be rooms later.

I take no chances when it comes to booking hotels for races, if I was going by myself then it would be no big deal and I would wait until the last minute but when taking the child and husband, and sometimes extras.... I want the hotel reservations taken care of immediately after registering for the race  It is just one of my OCD issues 

PRs

LRB

Usually hotels, airlines and even rental car companies are bought out in blocks by travel sites like expedia, Travelocity and hotwire.

Go to one of them and you will likely find a plethora of choices for your event.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Usually hotels, airlines and even rental car companies are bought out in blocks by travel sites like expedia, Travelocity and hotwire.

Go to one of them and you will likely find a plethora of choices for your event.

When you go to google and type in hotels, you then click on each hotel and a little box pops up and you can put in your dates and it shows no availability through Expedia or bookit or whatever. Doesn't matter though, I found a hotel close to the start and finish and booked a room 

PRs

LRB

When you go to google and type in hotels, you then click on each hotel and a little box pops up and you can put in your dates and it shows no availability through Expedia or bookit or whatever. Doesn't matter though, I found a hotel close to the start and finish and booked a room 

I said booking sites not google. 

Anyway, as you were.

onemile

Well that's dumb.  I reserved near the end of February last year at Embassy Suites.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Anyway, as you were.

+1.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Anyway, as you were.

I'm saying when you go to google maps it has in the little box those booking sites and above them you choose your dates. After March or June it is making all other dates unavailable in bookingit, expedia, etc... 

Just for kicks, I went to expedia and no Embassy Suites available 

I will keep a look out on the availability of those dates at the Embassy Suites because I really want that suite lol.

PRs