Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies --- 9/11 (Read 46 times)

From the Internet.

Hi, I went "R" pace at the track:

4 x 200 (38, 37, 35, 37)

4 x 400 (1:12, 1:14, 1:14, 1:13)

2 x 600 (1:58, 1:58)

I had been looking forward to this workout all week, and ran it with razor sharp focus. This despite being miserable during the intervals. It turned out well, I was so happy when I downloaded it and saw the splits.

9.2 miles total. 49.3 for the week.

Ooh that's a nice workout!

From the Internet.

I ran 22. It was humid. 3:07 and change/8:31 pace. BRING IT, MARATHON!

And I'm solidly over 60 for the first time ever! 63.48 for the week.

Next up: a nap. And then more food. Maybe a second nap if I'm feeling really crazy.

onemile

quite fast. What is your marathon goal pace?

From the Internet.

quite fast. What is your marathon goal pace?

Hoping for a BQ, so somewhere around 8-8:05 to give me a couple minutes below 3:35. Assuming I don't crash and burn, of course.

LRB

Well it was only a progression down to MP and I was supposed to drop the pace by just 10 sec per mile every 5k arriving at MP for the last 5k.  What made me want to cry was how hard it felt for the last few  I don't know how I ran a marathon at that pace last year

The thought of any run of 18 miles is more than I am willing to ponder right now, let alone one that's "only a progression down to marathon pace". Great job!

LRB

I ran 22. 

Geezus, you ladies aren't fucking around.  Boom! Cool

LRB

We had a "new member run" for my running club today so I went to that... 11.1 total.  Everything looks five-dimensional to me now and it is giving me the worst headache.

Is that why you didn't go your usual 13.1?

bluerun

Super B****

Is that why you didn't go your usual 13.1?

No, that's because I asked my PT out of hand what I "should" run this weekend if I'm doing the 18 mile tuneup next week... I was expecting him to say something like 14-15, but he said 10.  It was a little longer because I had to get home somehow!

But I sure hope I get used to this, because it was supposed to be an improvement.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Next up: a nap. And then more food. Maybe a second nap if I'm feeling really crazy.

Excellent work, Lauren!

<3

Brilliant

Wow, great running!  You are going to kill the marathon.

Ventura HM done in 2:11:56.  Not a PR but I'm happy with it.  Not sure what happened to me 2 weeks ago at Santa Rosa in similar weather and course profile.  (I was 5 minutes slower).  Maybe the 30-mile ride yesterday got me warmed up 

Meh.

13.1 in 1:36:56.

4th AG.

Missed PR by 10 sec, missed AG placing by 30 aec. Faded in the last few miles, could not push any harder. And did not get higher than low 60's, but with full sun & no shade on the course, felt warmer than that.

Actually ~3 sec/mi faster pace than PR based on Garmin - had this race at 13.18. But that doesn't really matter. Anyway, it's done.

MTA: 60 miles for the week.

MTA2: Met the legendary bhearn, who was pacing the marathon. Super nice guy.

Dave

onemile

Meh.

4th AG.

Missed PR by 10 sec, missed AG placing by 30 aec. Faded in the last few miles, could not push any harder. And did not get higher than low 60's, but with full sun & no shade on the course, felt warmer than that.

Actually ~3 sec/mi faster pace than PR based on Garmin - had this race at 13.18. But that doesn't really matter. Anyway, it's done.

MTA: 60 miles for the week.

MTA2: Met the legendary bhearn, who was pacing the marathon. Super nice guy.

I know you have a faster time in you. Maybe another one after the marathon?

onemile

I ran 7 and that makes 67.5 miles this week

LRB

Meh.

4th AG.

Missed PR by 10 sec, missed AG placing by 30 aec. 

That's pretty damned impressive coming three weeks out from a marathon. Racing 13.1 miles is no small feat.

LRB

Ventura HM done in 2:11:56.  Not a PR but I'm happy with it.  

Anytime you can say that it's a great day. 👍