Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies --- 9/11 (Read 46 times)

I know you have a faster time in you. Maybe another one after the marathon?

Well maybe, but not today.

Primary goal was sub-1:36, so targeted 7:20 splits. Also had 1:35 in mind, so wanted to see if I could hit 7:15's. But whenever I would get to 7:15, my body kept reverting to 7:20. So it became pretty clear a few miles in that 1:35 was not going to happen. Held ~7:20 pretty steady through 9. But couldn't hang on, it was all I could do to run ~7:30, and watch the sub-1:36 and PR slip away. Pretty disappointing, and not much of a confidence-builder.

What's your history of HM performance when raced during a marathon cycle vs. between cycles? MRT fatigue is my only excuse.

Dave

Well it was only a progression down to MP and I was supposed to drop the pace by just 10 sec per mile every 5k arriving at MP for the last 5k.  What made me want to cry was how hard it felt for the last few  I don't know how I ran a marathon at that pace last year

Everything is hard right now. Nice job getting it done.

Dave

Zelanie

MRT fatigue is nothing to fuck around with.

onemile

Primary goal was sub-1:36, so targeted 7:20 splits. Also had 1:35 in mind, so wanted to see if I could hit 7:15's. But whenever I would get to 7:15, my body kept reverting to 7:20. So it became pretty clear a few miles in that 1:35 was not going to happen. Held ~7:20 pretty steady through 9. But couldn't hang on, it was all I could do to run ~7:30, and watch the sub-1:36 and PR slip away. Pretty disappointing, and not much of a confidence-builder.

What's your history of HM performance when raced during a marathon cycle vs. between cycles? MRT fatigue is my only excuse.

I haven't raced enough of them outside of MRT to have a really good comparison. During my first Hansons cycle I had a tough (and a little disappointing) HM tune up and think I was overly tired but then I had a good marathon!  It has to be fatigue because you have been nailing your tempo runs

I ran 22. It was humid. 3:07 and change/8:31 pace. BRING IT, MARATHON!

And I'm solidly over 60 for the first time ever! 63.48 for the week.

Next up: a nap. And then more food. Maybe a second nap if I'm feeling really crazy.

Whoa. That is a better pace than I can usually do on a 20+ training run. Very impressive. And congrats on the mileage.

Dave

Ventura HM done in 2:11:56.  Not a PR but I'm happy with it.  Not sure what happened to me 2 weeks ago at Santa Rosa in similar weather and course profile.  (I was 5 minutes slower).  Maybe the 30-mile ride yesterday got me warmed up 

Congrats! Being happy with a race is a victory in my book.

Dave

Zelanie

Fantastic run, Lauren!

Congrats on the good race, Brilliant!

I ran 6.7 today.  Had to cut yesterday and today a little short, because I was already ahead for the week, and even planned mileage is a 7 mile bump for me, no need to go crazy and add more.

Cyberic

Hoping for a BQ, so somewhere around 8-8:05 to give me a couple minutes below 3:35. Assuming I don't crash and burn, of course.

Wouhoo! A BQ contender! Go get it!

Maybe another one after the marathon?

Oh and yeah maybe. I don't usually like to make any firm post-marathon plans, because you never know how badly you will destroy yourself. It may be pretty late in the season by that point, and tough to find races. Seattle Marathon is always the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. But it's supposedly hilly AF. So if I did that, either half or full, it would probably be more for fun than PR. I likely will at some point, since it's probably a pretty cool event.

Dave

LRB

And I like how your first mile was 9:52

You caught that, 'eh? I mostly try to focus mentally during the warmup on track day. Knowing physically, my warmup pace has zero bearing on the actual workout. I didn't see it until afterwards, though.

delicate flower

Three weeks from a marathon you are at maximum tiredness.  Maybe not what you wanted but only a minute or two off goal isn't that bad.  You can definitely do better when you're not exhausted.  You said yourself you ran 60 miles this week.  Nobody's going to run their best HM on that kind of fatigue.    Of course I'd be pissed too, but you really were not set up for a PR HM here.

<3

delicate flower

Oh, I went out and ran another 3 miles, mostly to just hit my 13 mile allotment for the day.  COach told me to run 10-13 miles this morning and I ran 10, so I wanted to do those last 3.  Also, the humidity finally broke.  Warm but dry air felt very nice.  Hopefully that'll last all week.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy. 37 for the week, my highest since March. Far less humid, maybe, just maybe that will stick around for more than 4 days. I think my shoes are still wet from yesterday. Good thing I have plenty others to wear.

Nice long run Lauren.

Nice races Brilliant & DavePNW.

Cyberic

Hi, I went "R" pace at the track:

4 x 200 (38, 37, 35, 37)

4 x 400 (1:12, 1:14, 1:14, 1:13)

2 x 600 (1:58, 1:58)

I had been looking forward to this workout all week, and ran it with razor sharp focus. This despite being miserable during the intervals. It turned out well, I was so happy when I downloaded it and saw the splits.

9.2 miles total. 49.3 for the week.

Nice!

Cyberic

Meh.

13.1 in 1:36:56.

4th AG.

Might not be your dream race, but it's a hell of a workout.