Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Are Back in the Saddle Again (Read 46 times)

happylily

Sometimes I will post something then go for a run and realize while running that I completely butchered either apart of the spelling, grammar or the entire fucking post. lol

Yeah... What's up with that? I thought you were just drunk at the time you posted your butchered posts...

j/k

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Yeah... What's up with that? I thought you were just drunk at the time you posted your butchered posts...

j/k

The dailies are the worst because it's WTF o' clock in the morning so your brain isn't even fully awake yet.

happylily

Too lazy answer question lily

LOL...

I shouldn't be talking to you anymore. You destroyed my self-esteem by correcting my French the other day...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ended up with 5.25. The extra .25 was cuz I realized I needed to go to a store for something so I just ran there.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

The dailies are the worst because it's WTF o' clock in the morning so your brain isn't even fully awake yet.

That is so true. I even have trouble seeing clearly when turn the computer on in the morning.

StepbyStep-SH

Cheers!

I noticed that I skipped a few words today when I wrote my posts. It's not that I type fast, but more like I'm thinking about two sentences at the same time and I end up skipping words. Then I hit the post button without rereading my post and I look illiterate to the whole internet world. Do you, guys, reread what you write? I hate that I do that. It does not agree with my OCD. But I'm too lazy to reread myself...

I usually don't reread it until an hour or two lette later, and then I realize how terrible it is for someone who makes her living as a writer and editor to post things missing words, letters and punctuation.

MTA: Of course, I clicked post, read a couple more comments, then looked at this again and realized that I had typed "letter" instead of "later." Ugh.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I should have known this was going to be a hard Pilates session when I get there and she has the chair all prepared for me.  All the hour on the chair.  My arms are so tired from carrying my body upward, it's not funny.  6 miles after that.

The log says RA will be off on Friday from 9-11pm. You read that here first!

Damaris

LRB

What does that mean?

cjones1

What does that mean?

It means we can put our phones down and live DAMMIT!!

For 2 hours. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

It means we can put our phones down and live DAMMIT!!

For 2 hours. Smile

No, I will not allow it!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least we know that every time Eric does upgrades they really are upgrades.  Half of RWOL cannot log in ever since they made an "upgrade" over there.

Damaris

DavePNW

Except for everyone who read Eric's post this morning called "Scheduled down time for system upgrades and maintenance". 

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1600m would be good also since tracks are 400m long, but 1 mile???

1600m is an aberration and abomination. It's a shame that so many HS athletic associations chose to take the easy, simplistic way out by going to 1600m and 3200m when they switched to metric rather than the international distances of 1500m and 3000m.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Cause Pheidippides didn't drop dead at a nice round number. Usually there is at least one sign along any race route with this. Actually, reading this, the "original" distance was 40km, the additional miles were added in the 1908 Olympics for the Royal family.

But not standardized until the mid-1920s.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Except for everyone who read Eric's post this morning called "Scheduled down time for system upgrades and maintenance". 

Why didn't you tell us then, Mr Selfish!!! Smile

Damaris