Beginners and Beyond

The PI's of March Penguin Weekend. (Read 25 times)

tracilynn

~7 min PR ...ran a 2:31:ish half today. I really wanted a 2:28 which would have been a 10 min PR BUT I COULD NOT HANG at the end.  It was a little hilly, not bad but I don't run hills at all and I had to walk 2 hills. I need to start running hills.  Thankfully my ankle and my shin cooperated too.  I ran with a 2:30 pacer for the first half and then she started slowing down due to her knee and she finished in 2:34.  It was a great day!

Nice run Lauren, you are getting so SPEEDY. You inspire me.

brill crunch time. Excited for you!

pad, nice 5k time. So close to sub 30 which is a goal of mine this year.

Robert, thought about yall and TJ a lot today, nice run.

Hello to docket, jerry, klomp, ginny, stone,

My name on FB is Traci Forsythe Nelson send me a friend request. Be my friend  :-)

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Nice race Traci! Congrats on the PR! Big grin Hills totally suck no matter what but running them on a regular basis will definitely help you out. Careful with form though, they have screwed up my calves and shins worse than too much speedwork if I get sloppy. No overstriding, take little steps, don't try anything crazy like hill sprints until you're used to running them at an easy effort (will be a little slower than your usual easy pace on flat ground).

Brilliant

Hurray Traci!  Way to go with that PR, AND ankles & knees all good.

tracilynn

Nice race Traci! Congrats on the PR! Big grin Hills totally suck no matter what but running them on a regular basis will definitely help you out. Careful with form though, they have screwed up my calves and shins worse than too much speedwork if I get sloppy. No overstriding, take little steps, don't try anything crazy like hill sprints until you're used to running them at an easy effort (will be a little slower than your usual easy pace on flat ground).

That's why I'm so scared to run hills because I know it's hard on the calves! My PT lady told me to avoid hills - ha. I'm running a SUPER HILLY half in April and I am so screwed! I'm gonna start maybe with small hills and try to really focus on my form.  HILL SPRINTS? Me?  HAHA

~~~~~~~

Traci

Robert31320

Team TJ

You WE have to be hill ready by Halloween so we can race together again!  Nice job today.

That's why I'm so scared to run hills because I know it's hard on the calves! My PT lady told me to avoid hills - ha. I'm running a SUPER HILLY half in April and I am so screwed! I'm gonna start maybe with small hills and try to really focus on my form.  HILL SPRINTS? Me?  HAHA

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats!

Damaris

tracilynn

You WE have to be hill ready by Halloween so we can race together again!  Nice job today.

Are you talking about the UCP half in Florence? Is it on Halloween?

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

YAYAYAYAY I just looked it up and its on Halloween so that must mean y'all are coming to Florence again!   Woohoo. I'm totally in for that one and I should be able to help push more this year.  

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

First Masters race done, and it's a 4 second PR. 25:31 for 5k. Hopefully this is the start of a better racing year for me! 3rd place 40-49 woman, but the awards only went to the AG winners. Guess I need to run faster next time!

Congrats to Traci and Mitch!

tracilynn

Congrats Melanie! A FEW PRs today!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Robert31320

Team TJ

YAYAYAYAY I just looked it up and its on Halloween so that must mean y'all are coming to Florence again!   Woohoo. I'm totally in for that one and I should be able to help push more this year.  

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the PR's, Mel and Traci. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice running, Pens! PRs are a great thing!

Brilliant

Congrats, Zel, you rocked it!!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to PAD, Traci, Mitch and Melanie - you all did great today.

Brilliant - best of luck tomorrow.