Beginners and Beyond

The PI's of March Penguin Weekend. (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Bri, do you have a bib# for the stalkers?

hog4life

Jerry, nice run. I could use some snow.

Brilliant, I was going to say wear both also.

Traci, congrats, I'm really proud for you. You are doing so well despite all your leg/foot/shin issues.

Zel, congrats on the PR you ole lady! LOL, j/k    You look great!  I still think you and your daughter look like sisters with only a few years between you two.

As many of you know, my training is getting derailed by life stuff. So, I really wasn't expecting much for my 5k this morning. I had signed up for this months ago, and if I knew I was going to have to work, I probably would not have done it. After working all night, I hurried home to get showered, change, coffee, then drove about an hour to the race. It benefits colorectal cancer awareness, so this event will always hold a special place for me. I run a 10 second PR and was totally shocked when I was able to start seeing the finish clock in the 22's. My time was 23:04 and the splits were 7:27, 7:45, 7:35, 5:52. This just blew me away when I found out my "official" results. Then I had to drive an hour home, which was very tiring. I'll put up a RR later.

Brilliant

Bri, do you have a bib# for the stalkers?

Yes!  I'm 10383.

Mitch, I bet you are completely exhausted.  I can't believe you PRed on that!  Congrats.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the PR and amazing time, Mitch, especially after working all night.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all Smile up and getting ready for this half because I am light sleeper and my dog had a nightmare which woke me up a bit earlier than expected.  :/ a couple of my friends are going to meet me around mile 10 and run with me for a bit if possible. Mile 10 is generally where I start to struggle mentally. I've been having a mild sciatica flare up since Wednesday so I took advil twice yesterday (won't take any race morning).  I'm feeling slightly better this morning so I hope it stays that way.

traci, zel, and Mitch - great job this weekend

Good luck today Allison - go out there and crush it Smile

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

Good luck today sapf, and Brilliant! Anybody else racing today?

Brilliant

Good luck today Allison - go out there and crush it Smile

Thanks Jill.    You, too!  When it starts to get hard at mile 10, visualize the finish line.  I heard a TED talk on this technique right before my PR half last month.  It really really helped me.  In that race, it kinda gets hard and discouraging at mile 8.  I just pictured the finish line for the next 5 miles!    As for me today, I think it will get hard around mile 11 when the sun starts burning us up.  So I'll just have to visualize the finish line for 3+ hours. 

tracilynn

sapf - good luck today!  having friends to run with ya at mile 10 should be a huge boost.  Mile 10 always gets tough for me too.  Cant wait to hear about it.

Brill - did you hydrate?  j/k  have a good race today and remember to have fun.  

My stupid cat woke me up at 5 am this morning.  I will try to run an easy 3 as a shakeout run (after my half yesterday). My legs feel good today but my hips are really sore.

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

I'm stalking my training partner at the NYCHM.  Is sapf running it?  Is anyone stalking? Molly Huddle won the women's division!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  16 with the last 8 @ MP done.  Journey/Steve Miller Band concert tonight.

Good luck, Brilliant!

Damaris

From the Internet.

Rest day. My legs feel great after yesterday's fast finish long run though, after being kinda touch and go all week I'm super happy about that Smile I was thinking I might have to take a couple days and cross-train but I should be ready to jump right back in tomorrow morning!

Super excited that Molly won, I was hoping she'd do well!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

10 easy. I sure feel sorry for those poor suckers running LA. It is hot! Good luck, Brill!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Woo hoo 2:18:58. A pr by 1 minute 42 seconds. I'm actually in worse physical shape now but this course was easier and I paced myself well Smile having my friend run with me from miles 10-12 was super helpful! Now it is time for a nap.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Amazonian Princess

Congrats, sapf!

Nice running yesterday Zel, h4l, and Traci!

Hoping that Brilliant had a great time, too 

I can. I will. I am. 

tracilynn

Congrats sapf!

~~~~~~~

Traci