Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES! (Read 52 times)

LRB

You can take it outside.  (Well, not if it's at PT, I guess.  But I could take mine outside.  I just don't want to because the very last thing I need is to crash again and break something else.)

Imma just tough it out until I get the green light to do that other thing. Smile

bluerun

Super B****

Imma just tough it out until I get the green light to do that other thing. Smile

Is your ass as saddle-averse as mine?!  (Seriously.  THE PAIN.)

And I just have to throw this out to the doctors who told me to just take a month off and my knee would be fixed:  YOU WERE SO WRONG.  Because it hurts now more than it did two months ago.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Blue, did you at least have a nice vacation? I think you were lucky to be able to get away somewhere warm.

I will try to fit in 12-13 miles tonight if I don't finish work too late.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

Good (late, almost lunch time) morning!  I walked 2/ran 3 this morning, sorta fast-ish.  I forgot my drugs, so my reflux kicked up a little and made breathing a little difficult.  Good thing that's optional!

Just to amuse myself, I tried the breathing technique that Cy refered to yesterday, the even/odd pattern.  Heh.  That's a bit like patting my head and rubbing my tummy.  I had to think about every breath, or I reverted back to my normal pattern.  I decided, if I need to switch feet, it's easer to just do a stutter step every once in a while and switch.  Although I do like listening to my breathing, just so I'll know if it stops.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I avoid the trails on extremely windy days..... no freaking way I or my dogs... or my son are going to get crushed by a falling tree.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

Today is my wife's birthday.  I decided to give her a break this morning of me clanging around the bedroom at 4:30am getting ready to run, so I stayed in bed this morning.  I might do a 15k turkey trot this Saturday, so we'll just call this a mini taper. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Is your ass as saddle-averse as mine?!  (Seriously.  THE PAIN.)

That would require having an ass and I go by the initials N/A, so no. lol

I did buy a decent aftermarket seat for my road bike and that was good enough for me, once through the adjustment period that is.

onemile

I cycled 6 days a week for a month+ last year when I was injured and it was kinda cool to see my paces get faster. I went from riding 15-16mph to 18mph.  But then I quit when I started running again.

LRB

And I just have to throw this out to the doctors who told me to just take a month off and my knee would be fixed:  YOU WERE SO WRONG.  Because it hurts now more than it did two months ago.

Yeah I've had my share of issues (ITB, achilles, SI joint, sciatica pain to name a few) and in no instance (or very few) can I recall doing absolutely nothing while waiting to heal and coming back without a problem. You are either working on loosening a tight muscle, strengthening a weak one or correcting an imbalance of some sort. Otherwise, once you return to the level you were at the problem may return.

Have you worked with someone who deals specifically with runners (not necessarily a doctor.), or someone who can ID muscle imbalances?  I've had the good fortune of working with two people who were really good at that.

DavePNW

This is a first for me.  Usually my shoes are good to around 400 miles and then I start feeling it either in my knees or the balls of my feet.  I don't know if it's the shoes (these are the first two pairs of these I've used, the new Saucony Zealots), or if my form has improved, or what.  But I have 724 miles on one pair, and 719 on the other pair.  I only have 100 miles on my race flats, and they're 2.5 years old, maybe I need to race more. LOL

I never really notice anything changing, but just replace them after 450-500 miles as a general rule. Which seems to go by pretty fast when just rotating 2 pair of shoes.

Big windstorm out this way yesterday, 300,000 without power. We did not lose power fortunately, or any trees, but a portion of the fence around our yard was knocked down ffs.

SRD.

Dave

LRB

I cycled 6 days a week for a month+ last year when I was injured and it was kinda cool to see my paces get faster. I went from riding 15-16mph to 18mph.  But then I quit when I started running again.

How do those speeds compare to what Mr. O can do on the bike? Who I was honored to meet by the way. I couldn't carry dude's packet of GU! That he can do what he does impressed the hell out of me.  8?? Never!

From the Internet.

My a-hole 6 year old pitched a fit about brushing her hair this morning and ended up a full 30 minutes late for school, and while I was fuming through that whole debacle I remembered to pack everything but my shorts  Maybe a few miles if I get home early enough, rest day if I don't. I'd wanted to try moving my rest day to Wednesday at some point anyway.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I never really notice anything changing, but just replace them after 450-500 miles as a general rule. Which seems to go by pretty fast when just rotating 2 pair of shoes.

Big windstorm out this way yesterday, 300,000 without power. We did not lose power fortunately, or any trees, but a portion of the fence around our yard was knocked down ffs.

SRD.

Damn storm. DH is in Chicago and supposed to fly home today. Unfortunately, the flight he is on originates in Portland. That plane is still in OR, 3 hour delay and counting. Ugh.

onemile

How do those speeds compare to what Mr. O can do on the bike? Who I was honored to meet by the way. I couldn't carry dude's packet of GU! That he can do what he does impressed the hell out of me.  8?? Never!

He can ride faster than me.  Like 20mph or so.  A little slower for super long rides like the Ironman bike.   I can ride faster when I ride with him because he makes a good wind block.  But I run faster! 

LRB

My a-hole 6 year old pitched a fit about brushing her hair this morning....

lol

That was hilarious!