Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: JOMO (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

To bring in some sap, I'm grateful for this group!

Dave

LRB

Are there any early Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) deals for running that you guys are partaking in?

No, but I did earn a turkey day badge from Garmin. Two in fact.  (they are the dumbest things ever)

LRB

I ran 8.

I felt like a life sized bag of poo.

onemile

I ran 6ish with the Beck's Burn bracket workout

DavePNW

I felt like a life sized bag of poo.

No, that would be the Detroit Lions. 

MTA: nevermind. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Are there any early Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) deals for running that you guys are partaking in?

The only one that has piqued my interest is 30% off everything at 2XU, including sale stuff.  I'd buy another pair of thermal compression tights if they had my size (DW too).  They have them on the Australian site but it won't let me enter a US address, which sucks because I've bought from the Australian site before.  Damn commies.

<3

Runshortii

I turkey trotted the 2 mile. 14:48, and according to garmin my splits were 7:17 and 7:17. Which is amazing because I've never nicely split anything under a HM (even my HS 3200m PR my first mile was 6:00 and my 2nd a 6:45 ) Granted 7:17 is my HM PR pace, but that's what happens when you're injured all summer and don't cross train I guess. I did waste a lot of energy in the first .25 miles weaving in and out of strollers, walkers and little kids (even though I started near the front..I always say I'm going to do a different race next year just for this reason). On my bright side I must be getting acclimated to hills because after the race everyone was talking about the "one steep hill" and I'm still trying to figure out where it was.

I work at 3, we're doing Thanksgiving on Saturday

Runshortii

There was also a timing snafu, everyone's times was 3 minutes faster and some peoples bibs didn't register so they didn't give out medals and you can pick them up next or have them mailed. I was originally 3rd but now it looks like I was 4th in my age group. On the bright side everyone who waited around to see if it would be fixed got free pumpkin pies. So win?

sdWhiskers

36 min 5k which is a PR for the little man (his first one!). We kept him evenly paced and while he kept asking for walk breaks, he did awesome. Probably went too slow as we were sub 10 mm for last half mile, last 0.1 was 7:23. That's what happens when you tell a 6 yo to pretend zombies are chasing us 

In 6-10 age group, he was 22 out of 61

Now football, parades and turkey buffet at our hotel. No drama, no cooking, just relaxation.

Cyberic

Ran a 5K tempo indoors. Hip felt fine on the tight turns. Yeah!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Lions up by 7 ... always a lions fan on thanksgiving

Cyberic

I ran 6ish with the Beck's Burn bracket workout

0.5 miles @ 5K  -  1min rec. -  1.5 miles MP - 1 min rec. - 0.5 miles @ 5K  ?

onemile

0.5 miles @ 5K  -  1min rec. -  1.5 miles MP - 1 min rec. - 0.5 miles @ 5K  ?

Very good 

KCRuns

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey Trot 4 mile predictor race is done. I ran a minute per mile faster than drunk me thought I would, so I missed any prizes. But my niece won a pumpkin pie!  I don’t care for pumpkin anything, but it’s her favorite so she’s looking forward to eating it later. 

We’re in the burbs for Turkey day. My contribution is cornbread dressing, which is in the oven and smells so good. And Prosecco. I brought lots of Prosecco. 

Cyberic

Very good 

Do you know where the workout's name comes from?