Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: JOMO (Read 38 times)

onemile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey Trot 4 mile predictor race is done. I ran a minute per mile faster than drunk me thought I would, so I missed any prizes. But my niece won a pumpkin pie!  I don’t care for pumpkin anything, but it’s her favorite so she’s looking forward to eating it later. 

We’re in the burbs for Turkey day. My contribution is cornbread dressing, which is in the oven and smells so good. And Prosecco. I brought lots of Prosecco. 

I have always wondered, is dressing what some regions call stuffing?

Damaris

Runshortii

Yeah mostly in the south. I love cornbread dressing

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah mostly in the south. I love cornbread dressing

I always suspected Miami wasn’t really the South. This just confirmed it.

Damaris

Runshortii

I always suspected Miami wasn’t really the South. This just confirmed it.

Lol, my uncle was from Alabama and moved to Ocala Fl and always said northern Florida was more southern than south Florida

DavePNW

Lol, my uncle was from Alabama and moved to Ocala Fl and always said northern Florida was more southern than south Florida

That is not even up for debate. North FL is basically GA/AL/MS. South FL is basically NYC mixed with Cuba. And a little PR.

Dave

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey Trot 4 mile predictor race is done. I ran a minute per mile faster than drunk me thought I would, so I missed any prizes. But my niece won a pumpkin pie!  I don’t care for pumpkin anything, but it’s her favorite so she’s looking forward to eating it later. 

We’re in the burbs for Turkey day. My contribution is cornbread dressing, which is in the oven and smells so good. And Prosecco. I brought lots of Prosecco. 

Hi! 😍

LRB

5 miles.

We did you a solid, now hopefully Martha Ford puts Bob Quinn to sleep.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is not even up for debate. North FL is basically GA/AL/MS. South FL is basically NYC mixed with Cuba. And a little PR.

This exactly.

Damaris

KCRuns

Yes, very similar.  Technically, stuffing is cooked inside the turkey and dressing is cooked in a separate pan, but I also think stuffing is usually drier and more crumbly, which I acknowledge may have more to do with the chef rather than the recipe. Anyway, I grew up in SE Texas and we call it dressing. 

LRB

In Michigan (at least in my part), stuffing is bread crumbs and dressing is cornbread.

DavePNW

They are exactly the same thing, just regional terminology. And regional ingredients. Cornbread is more southern, bread is more northern. Some put sausage in it. My wife loves it with oysters.

Dave

DavePNW

We did you a solid, now hopefully Martha Ford puts Bob Quinn to sleep.

Thank you. Bears sure tried to give it away early, but the D finally came around.

Dave