Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday August 1 (Read 34 times)

LRB

Fast day = rare weekday rest day.  So I will have NO excuse for bombing tomorrow's race.

I really want to go diving.

Don't you mean go back diving?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Had to cancel Pilates because it took me 2 hours to get home (14 miles).  My Google map numerous accidents and closed streets on it (and I only included half of the map since the other part showed my house.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Don't you mean go back diving?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

Well, I guess the idea is that running 1 is as good a recovery as running 0, maybe better.

No more marathons

Well, I guess the idea is that running 1 is as good a recovery as running 0, maybe better.

I think so.  That's why on day's I'm not running I try to get at least 2 miles of brisk walking.

Tonight was another 3.1 - but this one at (for me) a nice pace - 30 seconds per mile faster than last night.

With no races on my calendar I guess it's OK to race my workouts.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I screwed that up. Un-see it.

DavePNW

Damaris, I feel your pain. Although nothing unusual for me today, just the normal solid-red sucky commute. I love Google's honesty: "Heavy traffic, as usual".

Dave

LRB

LRB, hope you and yours are OK.

Last night's run marked one year of streaking.

Damn. 41 days was enough for me. I actually ran more miles per day during a 21 day span before that though.

Mile 1 is usually my worst mile, so to string together a lot of them would be just plain awful. lol

bluerun

Super B****

I screwed that up. Un-see it.

I have no idea whether it made sense or not -- I have a ferocious headache!!  I'm going to bed and it's not even dark out yet. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, I feel your pain. Although nothing unusual for me today, just the normal solid-red sucky commute. I love Google's honesty: "Heavy traffic, as usual".

Yeah, my normal commute is an hour for the 14 miles, but today it broke the accident quota, for sure.  I feel you!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 ugly miles. Super sluggish the first 2, was ready to call it a day and walk home.

Docket & DavePNW, wow, those are some sucky commutes.

Zelanie, congrats on 1 year.

LRB

I have no idea whether it made sense or not -- I have a ferocious headache!!  I'm going to bed and it's not even dark out yet. 

Good luck!

LRB

My left shoulder has been killing me something awful, so I'm going to try sleeping without any pillows tonight (to prevent me from ending up on my left side).

It'll either be really, really stupid, or ingenious. My vote is on stupid. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

My left shoulder has been killing me something awful, so I'm going to try sleeping without any pillows tonight (to prevent me from ending up on my left side).

It'll either be really, really stupid, or ingenious. My vote is on stupid. lol

Any way you can use the pillows to sort of prop you or prevent you from rolling over? I've had shoulder issues before, no fun, and sleeping on my side was definitely out.

Runshortii

Mile 1 is usually my worst mile, so to string together a lot of them would be just plain awful. lol

This