Beginners and Beyond

Whats your favorite color Thursday penguins? (Read 21 times)

silver_springs77

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

silver_springs77

Buddy the Elf,what's your favorite color? Welcome to answer the phone like Buddy the Elf day!!! (no I'm not kidding...check out nationaldaycalendar.com)

It has been way too long since I've started a penguin thread!!! Good to be back with my fellow penguins.

Last night I tested out my early Christmas present (new Garmin forerunner) on my run....love it! took it easy while running and chatting with a friend. Tonight I get to make a bunch of Christmas cookies on my off day that I get to run off tomorrow.

P.S my favorite colors are purple and blue.

Have a great day penguins!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

From the Internet.

Morning penguins! Up super early for a 90-minute medium long run in the sleet - so many winter running game points! Now I would like to crawl into a cocoon of blankets, but alas I must shower and go to work instead. Holiday party, aka free lunch, later so that softens the blow a bit.

Good morning.

Red and teal for me - but not at the same time.

I had a lovely run in the snow this morning. I think running in snow is one of those secret pleasures that only a few people know about. My run was a quick one and now wish I had run in silence to magnify the atmosphere. The ground was bright enough that I turn off my headlamp (no traffic to worry about). Ahhh...ain't life grand?

Was not-so-secretly hoping for a snow day, but Winter Break is around the corner.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

PADRunner

Morning, RD today.. Feeling good so far so back to training tomorrow.

Blue.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates after work and a fucking run.  I think I am ready to run.  Not 100% by any means, not even 80% but meh.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

As noted yesterday, other folks do the titles...I find the photos...  The below penguin's favorite color is....rainbow! 

Personally, my favorite color is orange.

Woke up not feeling too well - kinda felt like my wife Gail did last week, cold but sweating, chills, etc.   Don't have it as bad as her though, so got up and went and did a run/walk of 4 miles which, all things considered, went surprisingly well.  Right after I finished I  promptly threw up and felt somewhat better.  Just to be safe - especially with my medical history - got a same-day appointment to see the doc, they took me in almost right away; just some mild virus or something, nothing contagious or serious thank goodness, got an injection of...whatever the heck the doc told me it was, some fancy-name thingy..and doc told me to go home, take it easy the rest of the day, back to work tomorrow, should be feeling a lot better by then.   So now I am at home "taking it easy"...and getting a bit sleepy from that injection, so may go take a nap in a bit.  Yeah, old age is fun....  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Favorite color? Can't say I have one but I guess it would be green.

45 easy minutes for me later. I have two more days of work and then a nice two week vacation with nothing to do but enjoy time off work.  Oh, I guess I can squeeze a HM in there, as well.

D: I hope you are getting better. Bleh...

PAD: When is your marathon?

Hi everyone else.

See ya.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Probably purple for me!  Which is apparently a gay pride type of color.  One of the (female) cashiers at trader joe's was flirting with me because I happened to look like a grape that day.  She was quite disappointed when I told her that I was married to a man :-)  In general I'll wear a lot of bright colors/patterns that other people wouldn't be willing to wear.

Looking at my log I just realized that yesterday I ran my 1,000th tracked mile on running ahead Big grin  This definitely isn't super accurate because I ran a bit during college but it is still significant for me.

Today will be a streak day followed by a runner's world yoga video.  I can't believe I've managed to maintain this streak.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Probably purple for me!  Which is apparently a gay pride type of color.  One of the (female) cashiers at trader joe's was flirting with me because I happened to look like a grape that day.  She was quite disappointed when I told her that I was married to a man :-)  In general I'll wear a lot of bright colors/patterns that other people wouldn't be willing to wear.

Looking at my log I just realized that yesterday I ran my 1,000th tracked mile on running ahead Big grin  This definitely isn't super accurate because I ran a bit during college but it is still significant for me.

Today will be a streak day followed by a runner's world yoga video.  I can't believe I've managed to maintain this streak.

Is that something on the website or something you bought? I've been looking for a recommended "yoga for runners" thing but there are just too many out there and I don't know what is good or bad...

GinnyinPA

Silver Spring - what a very early start. Which Garmin did you get?  I really enjoy mine - an FR10 - but may upgrade to the 15 so I can get longer battery life and HR monitor.

Lauren - good job doing a LR in the sleet.  I wouldn't be that dedicated.

From yesterday - I don't have a light lamp.  I've thought about it though.  Mostly I just work to keep exercising and getting outdoors as much as possible.  The SADD has made a difference in where we live.  DH and I both love Montana and Alaska - but I know I can't live in a place with non-stop winter gray.  We may eventually end up moving out to the southwest just so I can get more sun.  We didn't realize quite how grey Pennsylvania is in the winter.  One reason we spend a month each winter in Florida or visiting family in Texas and Arizona is so I can get away from the gloom.

Kathleen - I enjoy walking in snow, but I'm so paranoid about falling I've done very little running in the snow. Sounds like fun.

PAD - enjoy your rest day.

D - I hope you feel up to a good run today.  Weren't you supposed to race this weekend?

Scotty - sorry you're sick too.  Take it easy.

Jack - two weeks vacation - hurray.  Enjoy your run later.

sapf - congratulations on the 1000 miles.  It's fun to keep track.  Good job on the streak.

AFM:  cold gray day outside.  I'll do a few miles later, probably on the TM.

From the Internet.

Ginny - thanks for answering Smile I might just give that a try for the next month or so - keep running 6-7 days, get out for a short walk at lunch as long as it's not raining. And of course spend a ton of time sleeping when I'm off work next week/week after!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Is that something on the website or something you bought? I've been looking for a recommended "yoga for runners" thing but there are just too many out there and I don't know what is good or bad...

Jack - it is online and free.  There are multiple videos that are easy about 25 minutes long.  I have a chromecast so I stream it to my TV from a tab.  When I travel I just watch them on my laptop.  You can find them all here: http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-world-yoga-center

They feel great and really do stretch out the "runner" parts of my body in ways that the traditional yoga classes I sometimes attend don't.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Silver Spring - what a very early start. Which Garmin did you get?  I really enjoy mine - an FR10 - but may upgrade to the 15 so I can get longer battery life and HR monitor.

Lauren - good job doing a LR in the sleet.  I wouldn't be that dedicated.

From yesterday - I don't have a light lamp.  I've thought about it though.  Mostly I just work to keep exercising and getting outdoors as much as possible.  The SADD has made a difference in where we live.  DH and I both love Montana and Alaska - but I know I can't live in a place with non-stop winter gray.  We may eventually end up moving out to the southwest just so I can get more sun.  We didn't realize quite how grey Pennsylvania is in the winter.  One reason we spend a month each winter in Florida or visiting family in Texas and Arizona is so I can get away from the gloom.

Kathleen - I enjoy walking in snow, but I'm so paranoid about falling I've done very little running in the snow. Sounds like fun.

PAD - enjoy your rest day.

D - I hope you feel up to a good run today.  Weren't you supposed to race this weekend?

Scotty - sorry you're sick too.  Take it easy.

Jack - two weeks vacation - hurray.  Enjoy your run later.

sapf - congratulations on the 1000 miles.  It's fun to keep track.  Good job on the streak.

AFM:  cold gray day outside.  I'll do a few miles later, probably on the TM.

Me?  No.  It was last weekend.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack - it is online and free.  There are multiple videos that are easy about 25 minutes long.  I have a chromecast so I stream it to my TV from a tab.  When I travel I just watch them on my laptop.  You can find them all here: http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-world-yoga-center

They feel great and really do stretch out the "runner" parts of my body in ways that the traditional yoga classes I sometimes attend don't.

Thanks! Do they help your core strength?