Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Making It Loud and Clear (Read 72 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

What's up LRB. Biker dude?

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Is this the morning Michigan thread??. Haha. Where is Dave?  I'm contemplating my route to take this am.

Marjorie

LRB

Is it that obvious?  Going for a run then rolling "Camille" out of the garage.  There is a story in there somewhere of how my bike got that name....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Then I better hear that story over drinks later!  I may have wine too. After today I may need it. I am taking the fiancé and her daughter o lunch today.

Marjorie

Here.

Beautiful morning here in MI!

Ran last night, 4.34 miles at 8:41 pace, really felt pretty close to back to normal. Now anxious to get the mileage back up, but I will try to ramp back up slowly.

Have a great Friday all!

MTA: not sure how I got myself on an evening schedule, will probably go again tonight.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning Dave.

Now must get my butt out in the 50 degree weather and run.

Marjorie

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning.  3.4 mile run done.  Road trip today to get our van serviced, hopefully uneventful.

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

It's Friday but this Friday would be better if it was THREE O'CLOCK in the PM!  I have to work tomorrow.  BOOOO!  Legs workout and some form of light cardio this afternoon.

<3

Pinktastic

Happy Friday, Runners!!

Anyone have any big weekend plans (races or otherwise)?

LRB - Thanks for getting us started this morning!!   Hmmm......   Camille is an interesting name for a bike.   Enjoy your run / bike combo!

Marjorie - 50 degrees sounds like bliss for summertime running!!   I hope you have an excellent run and that lunch goes better than expected!!

Dave - Way to get back into the swing of things after your big race!!   Great run last night!!

Robert - Nice run this morning!!  Fingers crossed that the roadtrip is uneventful

Phil - Bummer about working tomorrow, but I guess sometimes you have to.....    Enjoy your workout later!!

I went to the doctor for my follow up yesterday, fully hoping / expecting to be downgraded from the walking cast to a brace.   I was very disappointed to find out that I have not made the expected progress and I have to keep the walking cast for at least 2 more weeks.   :-(    I was pretty depressed about the delay to my comeback yesterday, but this morning I'm thinking that it's probably all for the best.  The last thing I want is to return too quickly and then just end up re-injured.    It's still hard to keep waiting though.....   I'll continue the twice daily exercises for my foot, ankle, and calf and hope that in 2 weeks, I've improved enough to move forward to the next step.

Have a Pink-mazing day today!!!   And, may your next run be that one run you remember as so Pinksationally wonderful for a long time!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies, and happy Friday!

LRB - Camille? Tell us more!!

Don't worry, Pink - those 2 weeks will pass by before you know it!

Heading out for about 5 this morning, before it gets hot (though it's cooler today than it was earlier in the week). I'll be driving up to Ohio tomorrow for Sunday's 10 miler, the Towpath Ten-Ten. Should be fun running on my old "stomping grounds".

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Just keep swimming Pink!  You'll get there.

Hey LRB, you wear a helmet on your bike, right?  I said RIGHT?!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  5K tomorrow morning - the Doggie Dash 5K.  Sunday morning will be traveling to Washington DC for my mother's memorial service on Monday at Arlington National Ceremony.  Coming back home Monday night.  So busy, whirlwind trip, will probably not be posting Sunday and Monday.

Hope your run went well, Marjorie, and you did not end up in Canada.

Congrats on your run last night, DaveP.  Enjoy that beautiful morning up there.  More rain for San Antonio today, just a touch.  First we had no rain for several months, now the darn stuff won't stop! Gonna have to change our city name to San Seattle...

Safe trip, Robert, hope getting your van fixed is not too expensive.

Sorry about having to work on Saturday, Phil!

Sorry about the delay, Sarah, but you have the right attitude about it.  Heal completely before starting the comeback.

Hope your run went well, Tom.  Safe drive and good luck with your race!

Good luck to Damaris this weekend doing the San Francisco Marathon!

LRB, enjoy your ride!   Here this is for you - and, funny, this was actually the song of my high school graduating class, lol.   Appropriate, cuz we were pretty crazy.  I graduated from high school in the DC area, and there were nearly 1,000 in my graduating class.    http://vimeo.com/26084164

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I'm a zombie. I haven't slept well all week and it's catching up to me in a major way.

6 miles after work.

Sarah, I'm sorry. Keep your pinktacular chin up and the time will pass before you know it.

Hip Redux

Rainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrain.