Beginners and Beyond

Thanks for Nothing WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup.

Yesterday was my first weekday run in FOUR WEEKS where it was daylight at the start, finally! The Energy Policy Act of 2005 approved by congress and the entire reasoning behind it is just utterly stupid. If there is a more useless collection of people in this country I don't know who they are, and that's saying a lot coming from a hobby jogger.

Anyway, I am heading out. What's your story?

delicate flower

Hello!  I did not have a workout to do this morning...feels weird, but I love that little bit of extra sleep.  Tempo run on the schedule after work today.  Weather for the next week is looking faaaaantastic.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

First, I just want to let everyone know that my little love turns 4 years old today! Happy Birthday Dorian!

Second, my sinuses are so congested I don't know if it was the alcohol last night or my sinuses that had me waking up with a headache, face ache, nose ache.

I didn't run this morning, if things are feeling better this afternoon/evening I might take Dorian and the dogs for a run, if the wind isn't above 14 mph.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Picked up a Fenix 2 on the Amazon daily deal on Monday, got free one day shipping, so it arrived yesterday!  Did my first run with it this morning, I like it!  It's bigger and heavier than the 220, but it has a lot of features I've been wanting.  Most importantly, I can use it while charging, so it'll work for my 100.  I also like the breadcrumb trail feature where it will log waypoints as you're running/hiking, and then it can guide you back to your starting point if you get lost.  It also tracks neat metrics like vertical oscillation and ground contact time, which will do absolutely nothing to improve my training, but will be interesting to see. LOL  It also gets email and texts from my phone, so I'll actually wear it as a watch.

Hope everyone has a great hump day!

Happy Birthday Dorian!! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

12. Last gold star run of the cycle. Not sure if that makes me happy or sad.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Hmmm, apparently I have to get the heart rate strap if I want the vertical oscillation and ground contact, not sure if I want it that bad.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I ran 7 w/10 strides. I normally do 8 strides but for some reason my recoveries were shorter than usual, so I decided to add a couple more.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 with 5x400 @ balls out.  Too fast, because I planned on 6 reps.  They were faster than they felt, but as hard as expected.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 with 5x400 @ balls out. 

Nicely done. How was it to continue on with the rest of the run after them relatively early during it? I time mine to be near the end so I can be done with the run shortly thereafter the last rep.

I will sometimes will run 3 miles to top off a run after the quality portion, but they usually suck. lol

LRB

I just introduced myself as Barack Obama to my server. She wasn't ready for that one. lmao

onemile

You can always run a fall marathon too.

LRB

Did you vote on the medal for Detroit this year, or since you've moved, ain't nobody got time for that?

Did you vote on the medal for Detroit this year, or since you've moved, ain't nobody got time for that?

The latter. Although I did get the email, because they have made it physically impossible to unsubscribe.

Dave

You can always run a fall marathon too.

And, what makes you think I'm not? In my head I am still on the 2 marathons per year plan. Unless this one is another disaster and I decide to give them up completely.

Dave

onemile

And, what makes you think I'm not? In my head I am still on the 2 marathons per year plan. Unless this one is another disaster and I decide to give them up completely.

Or maybe you nail it and decide to quit while you're ahead?