Beginners and Beyond

Do I have to do everything around here? SunDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Hip Redux

Dropping back into the dailies because I had to check out how this went. Nice job getting it done in some less-than-ideal conditions! You'da thunk by the end of March it'd be warmer than this. And I know the wind was nasty today. I guess I won't feel too bad about missing this. But I'll still feel bad about missing the entire spring racing season.

Hey stranger, how are you feeling?

And speaking of knees, has Step checked in recently?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not planning on watching that movie but we watched Insurgent and it was better than the first. Probably watching The Gunman this week or the next.

I will be renting that movie, Eric (Jai Courtney) is the only reason I am going to watch it and as I know he dies, I do not know if I will watch the rest as I am sure he dies early. He plays such a bad guy, he's the funnest to watch... though they could've made him much more villainous  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

10.5 with 6 at HM pace. As easy as the 4 at HM pace felt last week, this was rough. There were 2 sections directly into a headwind, which just sucked and were the slowest sections.

LRB

But I'll still feel bad about missing the entire spring racing season.

Yeah I really hate that because you race like a monster, you don't bring nothing home with you.

Just remember this feeling when you get back out there then Tear. Shit. Up. That's what I did last year when it was me coming off the bench.

LRB

I will be renting that movie, Eric (Jai Courtney) is the only reason I am going to watch it and as I know he dies, I do not know if I will watch the rest as I am sure he dies early. He plays such a bad guy, he's the funnest to watch... though they could've made him much more villainous  

Hey man, kill it with the spoilers yo. I am planning on seeing that.

LRB

Not planning on watching that movie but we watched Insurgent and it was better than the first. Probably watching The Gunman this week or the next.

You did not like the Wedding Ringer? I thought it was funny, with a good ending too.

Oh well, Kevin Hart is hot right now. For the people that like him, we cannot get enough.

MI_Tim

Yeah, I ran 17 miles today. 13 of them in a race.

I know Dave felt some kind of way about missing this event but he lucked out. The wind coming off the river from mile 4 through 9 was not fun.

Despite that, I did not think I would have much today and I was right, it was ugly. Not sure what my official time is but Garmin has me at 1:31:40 in 13 miles exactly.

I decided last month to train through this race and I suppose it showed. Hopefully that decision pays off when the fun stuff starts, we will know soon enough.

Hey, I saw you in the starting coral.  You jumped in about 5 people in front of me.  I was about to walk up and say hi when they started the anthem.  The race started right after that.  I couldn't find you at the hs after I finished.  Maybe next time.

MTA:  I guess the finish was changed from the track to the MS because of the weather.  Maybe that's why it measured a little short.  Though my watch had all of their mile markers a little short too.  That probably had nothing to do with the finish line.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dropping back into the dailies because I had to check out how this went. Nice job getting it done in some less-than-ideal conditions! You'da thunk by the end of March it'd be warmer than this. And I know the wind was nasty today. I guess I won't feel too bad about missing this. But I'll still feel bad about missing the entire spring racing season.

How are you?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You did not like the Wedding Ringer? I thought it was funny, with a good ending too.

Oh well, Kevin Hart is hot right now. For the people that like him, we cannot get enough.

I don't like anything with Adam Sandler in it.  Just kidding.  Never watched it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you watch Spartacus?  He appears in Season 1.  I didn't recognize him because he is blond there.  I love him too. 

Damaris

LRB

Hey, I saw you in the starting coral.  You jumped in about 5 people in front of me.  I was about to walk up and say hi when they started the anthem.  The race started right after that.  I couldn't find you at the hs after I finished.  Maybe next time.

Yeah it moved pretty quickly, unlike some races that drag on before the start. Think we started at 8:01, I just made it.

You kill it?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

MTA: I like Kevin Hart's standup and I liked The Other Guys (this looks similar) but not sure I want to pay for this movie.  I might as well wait until HBO has it.

Damaris

LRB

MTA: I like Kevin Hart's standup and I liked The Other Guys (this looks similar) but not sure I want to pay for this movie.  I might as well wait until HBO has it.

It looks silly but have a date with a pizza. It's the main reason I see some of the selections I do. 

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I am only running 6ish today (all I need to get my 50 mpw), so no excuse to ESU for me.  I did make an awesome lemon cake for a family dinner on Friday, and it came out so well that I used all the spare ingredients to make a second one last night.  That one was even better.  Now I feel sorry for everyone who only had the Friday cake.

Marjorie- Those candies are so cute!

LRB- Now you've got your dud race out of the way for spring, congrats.

Half Crazy- Nice job on the MP miles!

Cy- I don't think there are too many people who can run what their "MP" is from a 5K in an actual marathon, so you're in good company. Smile

DaveP- Hiya!  Check in more often, stranger!  We care.

LRB

I did make an awesome lemon cake for a family dinner on Friday, and it came out so well that I used all the spare ingredients to make a second one last night.  That one was even better.  Now I feel sorry for everyone who only had the Friday cake.

I love all desserts lemon.  For me it is the equivalent of rubbing a dog's ears. lol