Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: They will never see it coming... (Read 35 times)

bluerun

Super B****

You are discovering this now?

Yep.  Misnomer to end all misnomers.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

I don't know if you run early or not, or at what time I'm leaving on Friday ( I think it's 1 PM, not sure ), but maybe we could make an early friday morning run work?

That'd be cool!  I'll have to play it by ear.  I'm sort of at the wife's disposal until after the race, though early Friday certainly should fit into the schedule.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  I am working for a bit, then I have an appointment to go to the blood drive for an iron check donation.  The plan is to still run 4 very easy some time later today.  I haven't tried to run after a donation before, but I have taken a fairly strenuous hike, so I'm thinking it'll be similar.  I will bag it if it seems like a really bad idea once I'm out there.

Little Blue

Stupid Accuweather...they are NOT so accurate!  I checked their site for local weather and it said current temp was 97, feels like 100...not too bad; so I went for a run/walk.   It was flippin' hot, to say the least, felt to me like it was warmer than 97 degrees.  Oh well, I was out there not, get it done.  Luckily, i had my route picked out, stayed in shade just about the whole way, and had water fountains access as I did trails in a nearby local park.  I had started from TriPoint YMCA and was so happy to get back there and sit inside in the A/C for a while - and found out from the local news channel that was on at the Y that the local temp was actually 101, with a heat index of 105.. WTH!!!!  Stupid Accuweather!  Oh well, probably a good thing I didn't know, lol, "mental" is half the battle for running, and me thinking it was only 97 probably had me in a better mind-frame, lol.  Ended up with 3.1 VERY slow n' easy miles in 35: 28.

OK, so maybe I don't want to live in San Antonio, if 97 is not too bad. 

4.5 miles for me, in and out of our little downtown.  At every liight or cross street, I went whichever way I could without stopping (and without getting run over).  Made for a route that looked like Billy from the Family Circus comic strip.   Only about 75 today, it's amazing the difference a few degrees can make.

LRB

Morning!  I am working for a bit, then I have an appointment to go to the blood drive for an iron check donation.  The plan is to still run 4 very easy some time later today.  I haven't tried to run after a donation before, but I have taken a fairly strenuous hike, so I'm thinking it'll be similar.  I will bag it if it seems like a really bad idea once I'm out there.

Be extra super careful or better yet, donate money instead. Runners be needing their blood at this time of the season.

LRB

OK, so maybe I don't want to live in San Antonio, if 97 is not too bad. 

4.5 miles for me, in and out of our little downtown.  At every liight or cross street, I went whichever way I could without stopping (and without getting run over).  Made for a route that looked like Billy from the Family Circus comic strip.   Only about 75 today, it's amazing the difference a few degrees can make.

I get the reference. Smile

Little Blue

I get the reference. Smile

Because you're old. like me.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Oh, yes. You will have many nice trails to run on. I think the one you are thinking of is this one: http://www.laurentides.com/en/linearpark

I hope you and your wife enjoy your time here and good luck her! She truly rocks!

Thanks!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

That'd be cool!  I'll have to play it by ear.  I'm sort of at the wife's disposal until after the race, though early Friday certainly should fit into the schedule.

Yes, you can go play with your little friends.

LRB

Yes, you can go play with your little friends that live in your computer.

Allow me to sharpen that for ya.

Good luck on your race!

Cyberic

Little

Yes, you can go play with your little friends.

Zelanie

Be extra super careful or better yet, donate money instead. Runners be needing their blood at this time of the season.

It's been forever since I've been in and I have at least 6 weeks before a race I care about, so it's time.

LRB

It's been forever since I'be been in and I have at least 6 weeks before a race I care about, so it's time.

Good.

LRB

Little

If you can fit inside of a computer's hard drive, yes. Big grin

Zelanie

Good luck, MBC!