Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - Foggy, and not just in my head. (Read 36 times)

onemile

I think the LR length is kind of relative to your weekly mileage. If you are trying to run 60mpw a 9 mile long run makes that harder than a 15 mile long run. If that makes sense.  But at 30mpw, 9 miles as a LR makes sense.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

KC - Strange about your Gramin.  I've never had that happen to mine (and hope not to).  In any case, it's good to just run by time and feel every now and then.  When I have to discipline to become undisciplined, I will just have time and HR on my data screen, so I won't know about pace or distance.

Whiskers - I'm with the others in the 90 min to 2 hours to start out, but I always try to keep it under 30% of total weekly miles.  Of course this is for half and full marathon training.

SIAM - What the hell is a really fast ultra?  **does not compute***

After surviving the 8 miles on hard trail last night, my body was completely soaked head to toe.  I had to inconspicuously strip off the wet clothes as there were families picnicking nearby at the park.   Then drive home neked.  Cooler today, so I hope for an easy 4 or 5 on trail after work.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

What is your longest run look like when you aren't training for anything, but starting marathon training in a few weeks? My coach suggested at least 90 min most weeks which is 9 miles for my slow ass.

Onemile doesn't want me to answer that.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAM - What the hell is a really fast ultra?  **does not compute***

After surviving the 8 miles on hard trail last night, my body was completely soaked head to toe.  I had to inconspicuously strip off the wet clothes as there were families picnicking nearby at the park.   Then drive home neked.  Cooler today, so I hope for an easy 4 or 5 on trail after work.

Really fast ultra for me would be in the 10-11 min pace, so that. As for naked driving, good luck explaining that one to the cops! lol

We have a couple of those seat covers that double as changing cover-ups...very convenient. It's basically a towel that lets you lock it around your waist, and then you can change under it. We also have one of those pop-up quick change tents that we take to races (like the kind you use to change costumes in back stage)...that thing is so handy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I think the LR length is kind of relative to your weekly mileage. If you are trying to run 60mpw a 9 mile long run makes that harder than a 15 mile long run. If that makes sense.  But at 30mpw, 9 miles as a LR makes sense.

Agree completely.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

sdWhiskers

This is actually what I needed to hear. I've been "taking it easy" in the 25-35 mpw range so 9-10 miles seems ok especially during all these heat waves. Thanks!

sdWhiskers

LOL

I usually go with a trash bag to sit on. Getting out of a wet sports bra cannot be done inconspicuously!

onemile

Onemile doesn't want me to answer that.

you're just as welcome to answer it as anyone.

Cyberic

you're just as welcome to answer it as anyone.

You're too kind, thank you.

Cyberic

What is your longest run look like when you aren't training for anything, but starting marathon training in a few weeks? My coach suggested at least 90 min most weeks which is 9 miles for my slow ass.

To me, when you aren't training for anything means you can do whatever the hell you want. And that can mean running a 20 mile LR or even two in a row, just because.

But even when we're between plans, are we really not training for anything ? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

To me, when you aren't training for anything means you can do whatever the hell you want. And that can mean running a 20 mile LR or even two in a row, just because.

With that, onemile is going to take away your permission to answer! 

Damaris

onemile

Training to do the training 

Cyberic

With that, onemile is going to take away your permission to answer! 

I gave her the chance before...

So next time I take it I can add you to the list of people who don't want me to answer that question, D.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I gave her the chance before...

So next time I take it I can add you to the list of people who don't want me to answer that question, D.

LOL.  I don't wink when I'm serious!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As you can tell, I'm bored at work.

Damaris