Beginners and Beyond

Rainy Thursday Penguins (Read 11 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 12 and Pilates tonight.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Today is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler (high of 82) but it's still really humid (DP of 65) thanks to a storm that swept through during the night.  We desperately needed the rain (grass is brown and crunchy) so I'm not going to complain.  Damaris - are you getting all the rain they were predicting for south Florida?  HopesMom I understand that you folks who live along the east coast are also going to get slammed by rain from the tropical storms. Why does it always happen on Labor Day weekend?

Question - when did someone add in the line about Easter eggs to our opening paragraph?  (I took it out today.)

I'll take advantage of the cooler weather and clouds to do my run outdoors, after we walk Ben. I am really looking forward to that.

PADRunner

6 this morning, no rain or cold front for me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Today is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler (high of 82) but it's still really humid (DP of 65) thanks to a storm that swept through during the night.  We desperately needed the rain (grass is brown and crunchy) so I'm not going to complain.  Damaris - are you getting all the rain they were predicting for south Florida?  HopesMom I understand that you folks who live along the east coast are also going to get slammed by rain from the tropical storms. Why does it always happen on Labor Day weekend?

Question - when did someone add in the line about Easter eggs to our opening paragraph?  (I took it out today.)

I'll take advantage of the cooler weather and clouds to do my run outdoors, after we walk Ben. I am really looking forward to that.

I wonder if it was a long time ago.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  SRD for me today, and chorus rehearsal tonight.  Looking forward to the cooler weather!!  Even if we get rain, I'll bless the coolness.

Docket -- enjoy your 12 and Pilates!!

Ginny -- we're supposed to get rain, but hopefully not slammed.  We might be a bit far inland for the worst of it.  Not sure about the Easter egg line -- I never noticed it!!  I put in the line about not running at all quite a while ago, when I wasn't running at all.

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 6, but sorry no break in the weather!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

The Easter egg line definitely wasn't in there when I added the one about not running at all.  Funny!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Happy Fall !!!

Have a good 12 and Pilates, Docket.

Hope you have a cool run, Ginny.

One of these cold fronts will get down there eventually PAD.  Any football games this weekend?

Have a nice RD, HsM.

5 for us with our little weekday morning group. Cool and humid with a brief shower.  Glad so many people WAH and can run during the day.

From the Internet.

Copy pasting from other dailies because tired!

Teaching high school is SO. EXHAUSTING. OMG. The kids are all awesome and I am dead.

Rest day 'cause I was up late doing lesson plans and worksheets and whatnot. I had the room in my schedule to flex the MLR to tomorrow morning so I will run 12 with some surges then.

Also I'm assistant coaching HS cross country and my daughter's U8 girls' soccer team. Because I don't already have enough to do as a marathon-training first year teacher.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Copy pasting from other dailies because tired!

Teaching high school is SO. EXHAUSTING. OMG. The kids are all awesome and I am dead.

Rest day 'cause I was up late doing lesson plans and worksheets and whatnot. I had the room in my schedule to flex the MLR to tomorrow morning so I will run 12 with some surges then.

Also I'm assistant coaching HS cross country and my daughter's U8 girls' soccer team. Because I don't already have enough to do as a marathon-training first year teacher.

Lauren - what subjects are you teaching?  I might have a ton of resources on my old laptop if it'll still boot (this is to be determined).  I taught high school Chemistry for 3 years.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Oh I did 3 outside today... easy pace.  It was cool (70s) but very humid.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice 6, PAD.

Ginny, not getting much of the bad rains but we have been cloudy and nasty all week.  We only got a little corner of it.  Now I heard it became a hurricane.  Lovely weekend, gah.

HopesMom, hope you enjoyed the rest day.  Are you planning on a race this year or the next now that you are running?

Jerry, nice 5.  Better have a cold front the weekend of the Chicago Marathon.  What's up with your city?  40F, you hear me?

Lauren, good luck!  I wouldn't do that even if paid!

Jill nice job.  It's like almost 100F and 79 dewpoint right now. Please send me some good weather.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Lauren - what subjects are you teaching?  I might have a ton of resources on my old laptop if it'll still boot (this is to be determined).  I taught high school Chemistry for 3 years.

Biology for freshmen and chemistry for sophomores!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Biology for freshmen and chemistry for sophomores!

Fun fun.  One cool thing my freshman bio teacher did was a little mini-unit on latin root words.  It really helped make all of the bio terminology easier to handle and also helped a lot come SAT time.  Just remember you don't have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to things like worksheets.  There's lots of decent stuff already out there :-)  https://chemfiesta.org/ comes to mind as a place that has decent worksheets premade for a lot of different chemistry topics.  Other than that, just have fun with it.

From the Internet.

Fun fun.  One cool thing my freshman bio teacher did was a little mini-unit on latin root words.  It really helped make all of the bio terminology easier to handle and also helped a lot come SAT time.  Just remember you don't have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to things like worksheets.  There's lots of decent stuff already out there :-)  https://chemfiesta.org/ comes to mind as a place that has decent worksheets premade for a lot of different chemistry topics.  Other than that, just have fun with it.

Oh that is a lifesaver! We have a half day tomorrow and a long weekend for Labor Day, and I am SO FRICKING TIRED. I just pulled a few worksheets to use for both my levels of chem tomorrow (we started sig figs and precision and accuracy and all that stuff today, so it'll be good for them to have more practice). HOORAY SLEEP!!

Lol and as stressed and tired as I am right now, we are definitely having fun - we have a Pun of the Day section marked out on one of the whiteboard walls already, haha Smile