Beginners and Beyond

Sub-0 windchill WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I assume you have the heat on in your car so probably not

Yes and no.  I hate being hot inside the car so I had the AC at Lo (59F). The computer has never done that (restart three times during the drive), which is why I found it curious that it happened the day it was snowing and today.  Maybe the cable is going bad.

Damaris

LRB

hey, at least you're not marathon training right now 

Seriously! Although marathon training changes the variable from wanting to run to needing to run. In which case you just get it done. ✔

a balmy 27 here

3 miles with 1.25 dirt over bumps and 1.55 gutter up and down a very short hill, pace elevated from my usual as slow as I can go pace.  
        Day 5 of my ‘ minimalism plan’.  Plan?  I’m very flighty, a.d.d./ADHD, it’s very, very hard for me to stick with a plan for longer that 27 seconds.

sdWhiskers

Only a high of 70 here today. Bluerun--the guest room is all yours

I ran 8 miles and finished before 6am. To get the legs moving again, I had 4 x 0.75 mi/ 0.25 easy then 5 x 0.1 mi / 0.1 mi easy. No paces from Coach for the intervals but I managed to do MP down to almost 10k for the longer ones. Legs were like 'no f-ing way' at first but then got their shit together. I'm tired (sleepy and physically) but feeling good.

LRB

I've had Garmins that would freeze during winter running. It would just stop. My current Garmin doesn't do that. But phones, for sure.

My 630 would shut off when the vibrating alert was turned on. Turning it off solved that issue. It will be interesting to see how the 245 holds up.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

ROL...noticed you had asked yesterday if they X-rayed my lungs...they did, and it came back negative for pneumonia. I was told that I have abnormally long lungs, which I thought was fun.

Docket...I'm impressed that you're not massively over-dressing right now.

Blue...it's so hard not to look at that stuff on the watch, but we all know it's mostly BS (but it is something to feel good about when it goes in the right direction )

Progress was made in that I had my second night's sleep in a row without out a coughing fit. At this point I think my plan is to try and run by either Friday or Saturday. Tomorrow should be pretty telling since today is my first day being out of medicine.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have never been super cold even in cold weather, though, so never overdressed for going outside from the office to the car, lol.  And only one time did I overdress for a run in 7F.  Never again!

Damaris

DavePNW

Slept like a DaveP last night so I skipped my swim this morning in favor of an extra hour of sleep.  

Well you sort of lost the DaveP-ness when you got that extra hour. Admirable effort though.

A balmy 49 degrees. 14 miles with 8 GMP for me. It was...OK. I was happy with the split paces, but within each one it felt like my pace and effort were all over the map. Pace didn't necessarily correlate with effort, and in general I was just having trouble dialing it in. Oh well, I guess that's why we train.

Dave

Cyberic

I have never been super cold even in cold weather, though

I don't know if you'll get -30s in Indy, but I don't know anybody who doesn't get cold in that. It's just that to some people that feeling of cold is just unbearable, and others don't find it all that bad. But everybody is cold.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know if you'll get -30s in Indy, but I don't know anybody who doesn't get cold in that. It's just that to some people that feeling of cold is just unbearable, and others don't find it all that bad. But everybody is cold.

I should have added, my coldest outside has been 4F, lol.  And I expect to be cold, but normally I'm not super cold trembling take me out of here kind of person.  My husband, on the other hand...

Damaris

DavePNW

This is new to me.  Cold makes the battery drains faster?

Ha, this is all a whole new world for you.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I decided to test my legs this morning, and the Saucony Guide ISO 2's. It was 16 degrees out, though it felt colder. My entire glutes were still sore, my left hamstring and ITB were as well but other than that, it was a good easy run. And as far as the shoes go, no issues whatsoever, my shins were pleased, my calves were pleased and my feet were pleased.

I ran 3.2 easy miles.

I do have a pair of Ghosts coming, we'll see about those as well 

Speaking of freezing cold, this is actually the first season where I have yet to overdress or have a hard time deciding what to wear that would be just right. So far, any runs with temps below 25 I've worn tights (full length or 3/4 length), a thermal tight thingy under another long sleeves and gloves that have a little wind breaky thing you can put over the fingers, and a headband for my ears.

I'm extremely surprised by this, it usually isn't til December that I'm not wanting to bundle up all toasty warm (and of course regretting it 10 minutes into a run).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

No one is going to out-Damaris Damaris. You'll never run in anything hotter than she has and she'll never admit to being cold, even if left stranded on the moon, without a spacesuit...

DavePNW

No one is going to out-Damaris Damaris. You'll never run in anything hotter than she has and she'll never admit to being cold, even if left stranded on the moon, without a spacesuit...

And in that case the only bothersome issue would be her asthma, since there is no actual oxygen. It might slow down her marathon time a bit.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And in that case the only bothersome issue would be her asthma, since there is no actual oxygen. It might slow down her marathon time a bit.

Word, lol.  Although maybe it's the oxygen the thing my lungs hate the most?  That's it!  I'm Martian!

Damaris