Beginners and Beyond

Sub-0 windchill WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to mention I have my first court hearing today, FINALLY.  Attorneys here are pretty much compliant and don't fight us for every single fucking thing, but part of me wants to object to something to feel like I've not lost that part of me yet, lol.

Things do move slower here than in the Miami office.  I can get used to this a lot!

Damaris

LRB

Forgot to mention I have my first court hearing today, FINALLY.  Attorneys here are pretty much compliant and don't fight us for every single fucking thing, but part of me wants to object to something to feel like I've not lost that part of me yet, lol.

Things do move slower here than in the Miami office.  I can get used to this a lot!

You might have to change your user name from Rocket to Molasses lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You might have to change your user name from Rocket to Molasses lol

LOL.  I might!

Damaris

Runshortii

I've had Garmins that would freeze during winter running. It would just stop. My current Garmin doesn't do that. But phones, for sure.

Just the other day my phone got super slow from the cold. On the flip side I killed an iPhone a few years ago running 14 miles in the 80 degree heat

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just the other day my phone got super slow from the cold. On the flip side I killed an iPhone a few years ago running 14 miles in the 80 degree heat

I always carried my phone in Miami and it never died in the heat humidity.  Some times I was wishing it did.  Motherfucker.

Damaris

DavePNW

Oh yeah I forgot to mention: I went ahead and busted out a fresh pair of race shoes today.

Dave

Cyberic

Oh yeah I forgot to mention: I went ahead and busted out a fresh pair of race shoes today.

Race shoes, do tell more!

Cyberic

I went for a indoor track workout and had a brain fuck.

<Short version:>

1.5K - 2K - 2K with 1 minute jog rest in between.

</Short version>

I was going for 3 x ( 2km /1 min), so I warm up for a couple of laps and press lap and pick up the pace. I'm in my head thinking about all kinds of stuff runners think about... after a while I look at my watch, and I see I have two more laps before my first split is done. But after the two laps I see the distance going over 2km and the watch wasn't beeping. What? Did I forget to lap after my warmup? Am I in workout mode? So I press the "lap" button, and my watch tells me to rest for a minute. What? So I AM in workout mode. I lapped too early? I consider running through... but 2 seconds after I decide to slow down and just continue the workout as if nothing happened.

What I now thinkhappened  is that I was on the wrong screen on my watch and I was seeing the overall distance instead of my split distance. 

bluerun

Super B****

Race shoes, do tell more!

Asteria.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Asteria.

You have a good memory. Yep, just a new pair of the same ones.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

You have a good memory. Yep, just a new pair of the same ones.

It was only a couple of weeks ago... I'm not yet senile!

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Asteria.

I do not pay attention to Brooks conversations. Maybe I should, but every time I've tried a pair of Brooks on, I didn't like them.

But, I just checked them out rapidly online, and they seem interesting.

RunningOnSand

I always carried my phone in Miami and it never died in the heat humidity.  Some times I was wishing it did.  Motherfucker.

LOL. It's been awhile since you've said mfer!

bluerun

Super B****

Reasons for inexplicable fatigue?? Because right about now, sleeping for the next thousand years probably won't be enough...

chasing the impossible

RunningOnSand

Hey gang. It's cherub #2's birthday today. Cherub #3 is at home sick. We're having  this cookie dough ice cream cake and he requested a sushi place for dinner tonight. #winning That's the nice thing about kids getting older...their food tastes change (luckily, with this child, for the better!). It has also meant I haven't been able to run today, which has already messed up my newfound quasi-run goal (as stated yesterday, not to this group, but was to start potentially streaking).  Tomorrow's another day, though.

We are also in the process of finishing our basement, and there's a nice layer of drywall dust. Everywhere. 

But soon, there won't be, and I'll be able to put a Christmas tree downstairs!!!! Speaking of Christmas, I was at Costco yesterday, with Christmas decor EVERYWHERE. And, it being way colder than it usually is for this time of year, and also with there being fresh snow on the ground, I decided that Christmas should happen at our house, too. So I bought one of those outdoor decoration thingies...a bucket with a bunch of tree branches (of the Christmas tree variety), pine logs (?), and holly. It doesn't matter that it's only November, and not even Thanksgiving, there's snow on the ground and it's cold AF outside, so I shall decorate. fa la la la la la la la la. Big grin