Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Sundailies (Read 26 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

When there is a morning football game on, but it is Jets vs Falcons...

<3

Cyberic

13.3 / 72.8

DavePNW

I’m a little worried about one of the people I was tracking—it’s no longer posting times since the half, which was quite a while ago. I guess either he dropped or there’s a chip problem. Others are still tracking. Two appeared to have been running together and/or with the 3:30 pacer. At some point between 25 & 30k, one of them started slipping. KCR plugging away through 15k so far.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I’m a little worried about one of the people I was tracking—it’s no longer posting times since the half, which was quite a while ago. I guess either he dropped or there’s a chip problem. Others are still tracking. Two appeared to have been running together and/or with the 3:30 pacer. At some point between 25 & 30k, one of them started slipping. KCR plugging away through 15k so far.

I have a friend as well who has either stopped or slowed down substantially after the 30K. Not sure if it's the tracking or him.

Damaris

Yeah, I'm not in it BECAUSE it is hot and humid. It does feel weird I'm not there after 7 years but I'm not sorry because I probably wouldn't have started with that weather.

I have 6-7 later. Heading to watch the James Bond movie on IMAX at 2pm.

LRB, ouch. Nothing broken, I hope!

Please post movie review and review of IMAX.

old son coming to visit this weekend and we may ‘Bond’,  IMAX theater isn’t real close, is it worth the extra drive?

LRB

old son coming to visit this weekend and we may ‘Bond’,  IMAX theater isn’t real close, is it worth the extra drive?

I've seen a half dozen flicks in IMAX (or more!) and for me, it's never really blown my socks off. Not once. The thing that I really, really enjoyed though was D-Box. That's where the seats vibrate and move in unison with the action on the screen. D-Box was absolutely amazing with the right movie.

3D hasn't done much for me either except for Avatar. That was an experience. 10.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Will do. Not sure why hubby wants to see it on IMAX but I'll report if it's worth the extra drive and money!

I love IMAX for big stuff like Transformers, Marvel, DC movies. Anything that's not larger than life, I'm OK watching it either normal or IMAX.

We only go to IMAX 2D. 3D is worthless for IMAX, IMO.

Damaris

DavePNW

Two appeared to have been running together and/or with the 3:30 pacer. At some point between 25 & 30k, one of them started slipping. 

Through 35k, one is still projected at 3:31, the other now at 3:44.  He’s slowed from an 8 min pace to nearly 10:30. I feel his pain.

Dave

sdWhiskers

When there is a morning football game on, but it is Jets vs Falcons...

I left the house around 730am, came back 9 miles later and MrW was watching NFL. How long was I gone?! Oh right, London game.

sdWhiskers

Chepngetich is running an insane pace.  She's on sub-2:14 pace, has dropped her pacesetter, and is only a couple seconds behind Chris Derrick (2:12 marathon)

All unbelievable performances are suspect these days

sdWhiskers

That's where the seats vibrate and move in unison with the action on the screen. 

sounds barf-tastic

LRB

sounds barf-tastic

Yep, you've mentioned that before. Oski didn't care for it either. I'm sure there are others as it wasn't for everyone but I loved it. Jurassic World in D-Box was absolutely amazing. It was the best movie experience I've ever had.

LRB

I ran 5.

I'm so sick of this humidity and unseasonably warm temps it's not even funny. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

All unbelievable performances are suspect these days

Especially when the race has a red flag.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 5.

I'm so sick of this humidity and unseasonably warm temps it's not even funny. 

Right? Where is Fall?

i left this summer bullshit for a reason. Don’t need it extended here too.

Damaris