Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #244 (Read 25 times)

RunningOnSand

I ran 4 miles and the temps were PERFECT. Like mid to upper 50s and a nice cool breeze. No humidity. Heaven!

LRB

Here that will likely happen due the dark of winter with the exception of private schools.  They made a big show about opening and apparently when you spend all that money for school, you also own the road.

I hadn't thought about private schools. I may get to play frogger for the tenth consecutive September after all. Great.

LRB

I ran 4 miles and the temps were PERFECT. Like mid to upper 50s and a nice cool breeze. No humidity. Heaven!

I must admit, the thought of doing the damn thang in something like 42 - 44 degrees is comforting. That'll be about a month or so though...

How's that knot on the back of your heel?

LRB

Traffic in my area is still super light compared to "normal". Today some businesses (gyms, movie theaters, churches) can reopen at low occupancy so not sure if that'll make any noticeable difference to my running. As a rule, I avoid the local Catholic church on weekend mornings because it's waaaaay worse than any school; most of my closest roadkill moments have been there.

There are two high schools, a middle school, a vocational school and some type of school at a ginormous church that I have to navigate on my 7.5 mile route (one of the high schools has like 6 entry/exit points ffs). But most of my close calls come from residential side streets, where they're zooming out craning their necks the way they are turning, which is usually the opposite of where I'm coming from. I'm getting paranoid just thinking about it. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I just signed up for the Evansville Labor Day 10k... I sure hope the weather isn't awful at 9 am 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just signed up for the Evansville Labor Day 10k... I sure hope the weather isn't awful at 9 am 

You just jinxed it.

Damaris

Oh yeah. Even here it's too hot to race on Labor Day. They do a Labor Day Half every year here. I did it once and it was very warm. Also they screwed up one of the course markers and it ended up being about 12.5 miles. I didn't care because I was having a shitty day and was glad to be done. Lots of people, naturally, were PISSED.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol I probably did.

We've supposedly got some decent weather coming in later this week and staying thru next week, it currently says in the 70s with rain showers during the morning. As long as it's raining, I can handle it. No rain means awful humidity 🥺

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

sdWhiskers

Races starting at 9am? It's been a long time since I've done that. I definitely prefer starting before 7am.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Races starting at 9am? It's been a long time since I've done that. I definitely prefer starting before 7am.

Yeah it's weird, the Race for the Cure is also one that starts at 9.... Not sure why

I definitely prefer my races by or before 7 am too.

PRs

sdWhiskers

I signed up for a virtual 5k today.

Wait, hear me out   Work is paying the registration fee, as the event is raising money for patients with certain GI diseases (some that we, but not me, work on). Sounded like a good cause and I may donate as well. TBD if I run hard or easy.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah it's weird, the Race for the Cure is also one that starts at 9.... Not sure why

I definitely prefer my races by or before 7 am too.

I assume the later starts are for casual participants and walkers.

Some 5k’s & 10k’s around here start at 9 or even 10, in the colder months. At least I think they did, I don’t remember anything about races anymore. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

I don’t remember anything about races anymore. 

Except that "Last chance to order race photos" means you have another 10 years and they will remind you weekly.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I assume the later starts are for casual participants and walkers.

Possibly...

PRs