Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Pancake Weekend (Read 14 times)

GinnyinPA

sapf - what does your plan call for?  When I was training last spring, I did 19 the week before my HM.  There was no real taper for the race. I thought it made the prediction for the marathon more realistic, since I was essentially running the 13 on somewhat tired legs.

PAD - congratulations on the PR at your half.

I did my hilly neighborhood run today.  6.8 miles and 417' elev. gain.  Short but sometimes steep hills.  It was fun.  The fact that it was cool helped make the run a lot more enjoyable.  Finally autumn is starting to feel like autumn.  The only problem was a lab that raced out of nowhere and tried to attack, twice.  I just about had a heart attack.  He went back toward home when I yelled, but it was scary.

hog4life

Good stuff everyone; I am jealous of all the LR numbers getting put up. I did 4 on Friday and 2.1 on Saturday. My full is just around the corner and I am hoping I can still make it to the finish line.... I really feel like I've lost some fitness with the 13 days down due to my ankle. I "need" another LR to help my confidence at this point.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

sapf - what does your plan call for?  When I was training last spring, I did 19 the week before my HM.  There was no real taper for the race. I thought it made the prediction for the marathon more realistic, since I was essentially running the 13 on somewhat tired legs.

The plan calls for 16, but it is just a plan that I made loosely modeled off of HH Intermediate 1 (to fit my race schedule and travel plans) with feedback from my little sister (who has run a couple of marathons).  In the HH Intermediate 1 plan I would have done the HM in week 9 of training, not week 14.  He has people running 15 the weekend before the HM.

My plan is to head out there for at least a beer week (13.5 miles) and if I'm feeling good go for up to 16.  I'm eating breakfast now.  I'm trying to switch my LR to a later starting time because I'm pretty sure I won't start the marathon until 11am because of my slow predicted finish time.  Granted next week my HM still starts at 8am.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Mitch - how's the ankle doing now? Hope you can make it out for one last long run before the big day.

Congrats on the PR PAD, and congrats on the mileage Brill and sapf!

Already went to the gym this morning and had pre- and post-workout breakfasts - finishing coffee and then heading off to work. I'll probably get in a couple miles at some point today. 2.1 miles will get me to 35 for the week and will mark 14 running days in a row! Didn't really plan to jump into 7 days a week, but doing a couple super slow easy miles on my usual rest day last weekend was nice so I'll probably keep it up as long as my legs are willing.

Amazonian Princess

Hola from Corral 20 (hey, at least I'm not in the last corral )

Waiting for the RnR HM to start - holy crap it's crowded!!

Wha-- is that Elvis?

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Go, Bacon!

PADRunner

Rolled out of bed and got 5 this morning. Now at work.

One thing I learned yesterday. It's not a good idea to race a HM if you have to go to work after it. Stairs suck!

Brilliant

Bacon, I hope you rocked the RnR!

4.6 easy done this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Since I was close to a weekly PR, I decided on a short run this morning.  Not sure how it would go after yesterday's 14, but it turned out great, no pain or soreness anywhere.  So I runwalked 5.5 but with .5 mile intervals and .02 walks.  Felt like I could have gone another 14 today.  Maybe I'll have to try back to back HM's some day.  Has anyone run Mainly Marathons?  35.9 PR week !!!

Have a great Sunday and Go Bacon !!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

14.8 miles done. Beer week done Smile ESU now!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Congrats, sapf!  Nice running!

Congrats on the beer week, Jerry!  I know you've picked out something special for the post-run celebration. Smile

No word yet from Bacon? 

I ran my 11 and it was absolutely lovely outside.  Now if only my watch would sync.

GinnyinPA

What's a 'beer week'?

Congratulations on the weekly PR Jerry.

PAD - sorry you're sore.

Mitch - how does the ankle feel?  Do you think it has healed enough to run a marathon?

Lauren - nice job on the streak.

Baconista - I hope the HM went well.

Brilliant - nice morning run.

sapf - good job on the 14.8

Z - I'm glad you had a good run.  As to the syncing.  Mine gets weird sometimes, but if I unplug it and start over, that usually does the job.

AFM:  the first half of my long run was great, the second half sucked.  I cut it short because I was feeling lightheaded and had zero energy left.  11 miles was enough.

Amazonian Princess

I rocked, I rolled. I started cramping at mile 8 so I think I only matched my previous HM time, but Mr. Bacon got two photos of me that appear to be floaters, one in the first mile and one at the end. Oh, and I kinda greyed out after finishing and judging from lack of output, it was dehydration related, IYKWIM.

I've showered and napped and there's pizza on the way 

I can. I will. I am. 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

What's a 'beer week'?

It is when you run your highest mileage week year to date.  It is part of the miles game.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I rocked, I rolled. I started cramping at mile 8 so I think I only matched my previous HM time, but Mr. Bacon got two photos of me that appear to be floaters, one in the first mile and one at the end. Oh, and I kinda greyed out after finishing and judging from lack of output, it was dehydration related, IYKWIM.

I've showered and napped and there's pizza on the way 

Congrats Bacon.  Hope it was a PR.   Can't wait to see the "Floaters".