Beginners and Beyond

Slip Sliding TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Its a bit icy outside here in the NE. Got some freezing rain later yesterday evening and it really iced things up.

My R ankle has been nagging me for the past couple days. I think it may have had something to do with going to the TM for this frigid stretch and or the new Sketchers I've been wearing. NSAIDS, rest, and Ice yesterday seemed to help. I am doing the same today. Hopefully will be able to run some tomorrow.

Got up early and did a decent core workout. Sleeping in just gets my day off to a bad start.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

bluerun

Super B****

The thought of going outside fills me with terror, because it was already slippery last night, and I don't even want to see what it looks like now.  I ran 8 on the AlterG; at 5.4 miles, I touched my phone, and a static electricity spark between it and the cup holder shut down the machine. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The thought of going outside fills me with terror, because it was already slippery last night, and I don't even want to see what it looks like now.  I ran 8 on the AlterG; at 5.4 miles, I touched my phone, and a static electricity spark between it and the cup holder shut down the machine. 

That's happend to me, except it was from my finger to the display. The spark was about an inch long, it hurt, and I lost all the run data of my run to that point!

Cyberic

You guys need a humidifier in the room. Keeps static electricity in check.

Feel like run commuting, but I also need to get back to running workouts, so I'll run at the track at lunch. Doing both tofay would be too complicated organization wise. So it will be only 4.5 to 5 miles for the day.

bluerun

Super B****

That's happend to me, except it was from my finger to the display. The spark was about an inch long, it hurt, and I lost all the run data of my run to that point!

Yep.  And I just had to stand there like an idiot while it re-calibrated.  But, you know, at least it was able to do that.  As annoyed as I am that I just blew $9K on a warranty, I'd rather not have to use it.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Back in the land of the living.  It was 76F when I got to the office and now the AC does not work.  Lovely.

I have Pilates, weights, and my coach gave me 0-3 miles tonight, so I'll see.  Right now, I feel good enough for a run.

Damaris

LRB

Yep.  And I just had to stand there like an idiot while it re-calibrated.  But, you know, at least it was able to do that.  As annoyed as I am that I just blew $9K on a warranty, I'd rather not have to use it.

What is the duration of the warranty?

delicate flower

'Morning!  Nothing like walking into a sh*tstorm as soon as you enter the building at work.  Bah!  I can see it'll be another day of doing a ton of work but getting nothing accomplished.  Beats unemployment, I suppose.

2400 yard masters swim done before work.  Bike workout on tap after work and oddly looking forward to it.

<3

sdWhiskers

Coach has either 3 miles or OFF on the schedule. Usually I would have run this morning but we're getting our annual rain/wind storm. I don't mind running in either...it's all the falling tree branches and trash blowing around that I'd like to avoid. I have strength training after work so I may do 3 on the TM at the gym but probably not.

Blue: do you have an AlterG at your house?

LRB

I got back at it today after 7 days off to start the build up for the spring racing season.

My entire backside was still sore from two modest but thorough core workouts last week, so I took it slow and got 5.5 miles done on the belt.

RunningWithMyDog

Good morning, everyone.

No run today - hockey game at 7 pm.  I brought my equipment to work, but rather than have it stink up my office, I tucked it into an unused cubicle in the middle of the floor.  I hope nobody notices and complains.  Or calls building maintenance, saying they think they can smell a dead skunk in the ceiling.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words regarding my new Labrador Retriever puppy, named Simcoe.  She is named after John Graves Simcoe, the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada (now Ontario).  Amongst his many accomplishments, he established the City of Toronto, and introduced the first anti-slavery legislation in the British Empire (40 years before England did, and 70 years before the Emancipation Proclamation).

But for my American friends, his most noted accomplishment may be ordering his troops not to shoot three American soldiers in the back as they were fleeing the battle of Brandywine during the American Revolutionary War.

One of those soldiers was George Washington.

bluerun

Super B****

What is the duration of the warranty?

I got four years, because that's the max, and it's less expensive per year that way.  This warranty also doesn't go into effect until 2019 (I'm still on my old one), but I signed the contract in December to get the 2017 rate since it increases every year!!

Blue: do you have an AlterG at your house?

Yes, because with a body like mine, it made sense.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

But for my American friends, his most noted accomplishment may be ordering his troops not shoot three American soldiers in the back as they were fleeing the battle of Brandywine during the American Revolutionary War.

So he was yelling at them in hope they'd turn around and face them.

MTA: Sorry. I always try to make fun of things. Often times, it's not funny (or so others tell me).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG, that's a cute puppy.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I got back at it today after 7 days off to start the build up for the spring racing season.

My entire backside was still sore from two modest but thorough core workouts last week, so I took it slow and got 5.5 miles done on the belt.

What.

chasing the impossible