Beginners and Beyond

Slip Sliding TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Much to my chagrin when I went to register for the Powderface 21K in Alberta again, I discovered it is already full. Not to be deterred, I did some research and got suggestions from the Calgary Trail Runners FB group, so I just committed to Rundle's Revenge 25K on June 24th. Time to get training on lots of vertical gain.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

What.

For lack of a better term. I guess it's technically strength work (squats, lunges, monster walks, ankle extensions, etc.), although I usually think of strength work as traditional weight lifting stuff, but it's probably more accurate.

LRB

Much to my chagrin when I went to register for the Powderface 21K in Alberta again, I discovered it is already full. Not to be deterred, I did some research and got suggestions from the Calgary Trail Runners FB group, so I just committed to Rundle's Revenge 25K on June 24th. Time to get training on lots of vertical gain.

Are you going to run your age in kilometres on your birthday? I mean, since you're taking suggestions and all.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Are you going to run your age in kilometres on your birthday? I mean, since you're taking suggestions and all.

Actually I'm considering running ARFTA, aka A Race For the Ages, where everyone over 40 has as many hours to run as far as they want as they are old, so I'd have 71 hours to run.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

DavePNW

Actually I'm considering running ARFTA, aka A Race For the Ages, where everyone over 40 has as many hours to run as far as they want as they are old, so I'd have 71 hours to run.

That sounds pretty awful.

Dave

RunningWithMyDog

'Morning!  Nothing like walking into a sh*tstorm as soon as you enter the building at work.  Bah!  I can see it'll be another day of doing a ton of work but getting nothing accomplished.  Beats unemployment, I suppose.

I've got the opposite problem.

Back after 3 weeks off, and it's still dead around here.

I have about 2 hours of work that I have to get done by tomorrow night - and I have zero motivation to get started.

LRB

Wow, that's pretty cool. I would rather try to sleep my age than run it though, seeing as how the odds for success would be about the same for either of them. lol

DavePNW

Wow, that's pretty cool. I would rather try to sleep my age than run it though, seeing as how the odds for success would be about the same for either of them. lol

A better goal for you would be to eat or drink your age. Exactly how this would be measured I'm not sure, but I imagine you could figure something out. Go with your strengths. 

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That sounds pretty awful.

So glad we have unanimity of opinion here.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

DavePNW

Well we are probably saying pretty much the same thing. But in any case, if everyone had the same opinion around here, it'd be pretty boring.

Dave

LRB

A better goal for you would be to eat or drink your age. Exactly how this would be measured I'm not sure, but I imagine you could figure something out. Go with your strengths. 

50 ounces of wine? That is roughly two bottles and would be tough, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I might take you up on that because I sure as shit ain't running 50 of anything, other than minutes!

LRB

Well we are probably saying pretty much the same thing. But in any case, if everyone had the same opinion around here, it'd be pretty boring.

Precisely. It's about 70 hours more than I'll ever need. 

DavePNW

50 ounces of wine? That is roughly two bottles and would be tough, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I might take you up on that because I sure as shit ain't running 50 of anything, other than minutes!

When is that big five-oh coming anyway?

Dave

LRB

When is this suicide mission er, um event?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

When is this suicide mission er, um event?

For me it would begin on Aug 31st. Everyone finishes at noon on Labor Day. It's in Tennessee. I think it's put on by the same RD that does the Barkley Marathons.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K