Beginners and Beyond

Funky FriDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

it sounds like 10 weeks of no running/jumping/playing and on-leash only.  After 2 weeks it sounds like we will start with very short amounts of walking. I expect to be able to bring her home tomorrow morning

All the best on her recovery!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

About my weight, and why I am not happy with it. A lot of you run (in parts) because it makes you look better, by keeping the fat off. Not the only reason, but still a factor. I was struggling to keep on weight before I started running. For the looks I mean. When I run a lot, I get thinner, which I don't like. I feel great, but I'd look better with 20 pounds more. I'd still be thin, too. So that's my concern about my weight. I still run for many reasons, but not because it keeps me thin.

Ran twice today, 5 miles each time, for a total of....... 10 miles!

OFR: Definitely. I race only to officially measure my progress. The training, the experimenting, the running I like. I don't hate racing, but not too often. In the spring, I'll be ready to measure my fitness again.

Can't you just eat more food?

Cyberic

Can't you just eat more food?

Believe me, I'm not holding back on anything. I don't like to stuff myself. Never have. When I've had enough, I stop eating. But, again, I eat anything, anytime, in any quantity I feel like.

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 miles with 4 x .75 at 10k ish pace + 3 x 200. I decided to say screw the plan, it called for the 5 x 1 miles at 5k pace (ha!) plus 3 x 200 monster again. Last time I did that, even with the slower mile repeats, my hamstrings were very unhappy for a week.

Freesoul, happy birthday!

Onemile, glad the surgery went well. Hope the recovery goes smooth. Is Gracie happy to chill, or is she active?

DavePNW, ouch. I swear every fall I've had is always in warm weather, so instead of being able to sacrifice some clothing, I lose skin.

LRB

The moon looks amazing right now.

DavePNW

DavePNW, ouch. I swear every fall I've had is always in warm weather, so instead of being able to sacrifice some clothing, I lose skin.

Today I had pants & gloves, it would've done less damage. I did sacrifice a glove on one fall. Although losing skin is cheaper, it replaces itself. Eventually...these things seem to take forever to heal.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Today I had pants & gloves, it would've done less damage. I did sacrifice a glove on one fall. Although losing skin is cheaper, it replaces itself. Eventually...these things seem to take forever to heal.

I tend to buy discount clothing, so I'd be more than happy to sacrifice it to the running gods over skin. I did tear a tank top when I did a face first slide a few summers ago. But that was minor compared to the hand, knee, hip and other scrapes.

oldfartrunner

About my weight, and why I am not happy with it. A lot of you run (in parts) because it makes you look better, by keeping the fat off. Not the only reason, but still a factor. I was struggling to keep on weight before I started running. For the looks I mean. When I run a lot, I get thinner, which I don't like. I feel great, but I'd look better with 20 pounds more. I'd still be thin, too. So that's my concern about my weight. I still run for many reasons, but not because it keeps me thin.

Ran twice today, 5 miles each time, for a total of....... 10 miles!

OFR: Definitely. I race only to officially measure my progress. The training, the experimenting, the running I like. I don't hate racing, but not too often. In the spring, I'll be ready to measure my fitness again.

Spoken like a true ectomorph Cy!   Wish I was one. Sad I'm Meso up top, Ecto waist down, so carrying too much bone and muscle up top for an endurance runner.

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/lifestyle/4511/ectomorph-endomorph-or-mesomorph-what-is-your-body-type

Onemile: Great news! 

Blue: Now you can get a new bumper sticker: Nitrox Divers Do IT Deeper And Longer.

oldfartrunner

Believe me, I'm not holding back on anything. I don't like to stuff myself. Never have. When I've had enough, I stop eating. But, again, I eat anything, anytime, in any quantity I feel like.

Of course if you didn't run as much....

oldfartrunner

9 miles with 4 x .75 at 10k ish pace + 3 x 200. I decided to say screw the plan, it called for the 5 x 1 miles at 5k pace (ha!) plus 3 x 200 monster again. Last time I did that, even with the slower mile repeats, my hamstrings were very unhappy for a week.

This is CRAZY!!!  Back when I could run 34min 10Ks, I never even did this workout! 20X400/200JR @ 5K was max, usually 16. 3 miles @ 5K is enough for just about everyone IMO-if you want to do miles, maybe 4 for the last peak workout before goal. They just wear you out too much.

Half Crazy K 2.0

This is CRAZY!!!  Back when I could run 34min 10Ks, I never even did this workout! 20X400/200JR @ 5K was max, usually 16. 3 miles @ 5K is enough for just about everyone IMO-if you want to do miles, maybe 4 for the last peak workout before goal. They just wear you out too much.

Yep. And even crazier, the plan called for 5 or 6 of the mile repeats. Nope, nope and nope.

LRB

I've never done it either, although I've always wanted to try it.

My max 5k workout was 1 mile @ 10k + 5 x 1000m @ 5k

A couple of times I ran 1200s, but they sucked. lol

DavePNW

oh and I ran 8

Ramping back up? 

Dave

Cyberic

Nooo! Not the more than 5K @ 5K pace workouts.

Onemile, now that everything is taken care of at home, and baby girl will be fine, do you plan on capitalizing on your training in some race before your vacation?

Cyberic

This is CRAZY!!!  

They just wear you out too much.

This