Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

'Sup.

The alarm to run went off at 5:12 this morning, but the urge to go back to sleep was strong so that is what I did.

What's up with you?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 enjoyable miles.  There was a nice wind that made the mid 60s feel a little cooler.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Mr MattM

3 before the sun... 5-7 at lunch... 3-5 tonight.

be curious; not judgmental

Cyberic

3 before the sun... 5-7 at lunch... 3-5 tonight.

Can't wait to see what kind of result that training regimen will yield.

Cyberic

I'll run after work. Probably some track work. With my cold I won't be doing any lung burners. Maybe 200 meters with lots of recovery, with a few 400s or something like that.

delicate flower

'Morning, kids!  Coffee in hand!  Well technically it is sitting on my desk in a cup, but you know what I mean.  After yesterday's 4.5 hours of exercise, I was up early today for a masters swim, which included a 1500 yard test (non-stop timed swim).  My previous longest pool interval was 1000 yards, so this was a big bump for me.  I was a little slow (35:05) but that was by design and I'm happy that I got through it with relative ease.  2400 yards total for the workout.  20 mile VO2 max bike workout on tap tonight.  werd

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

For forecast last night said rain this morning, this morning the forecast on my phone said rain so I got read and headed out. Just a little sprinkle as we headed down the driveway, then not even 5  minutes into our run I see lightning..... wonderful. The harder rain began around mile 1.6 and was off and on, the lightning was here and there with thunder every few minutes but I started to get worried between mile 3 and 4 when the lightning became more constant and the thunder as well. Then the downpour began just before mile 4.... yep and Jetta was happy. I've ran in downpours before, but trying to drag a 65-70 dog who is constantly trying to stop and shake off rain (you're just gonna get soaked as soon as you stop!!! Heck, your shaking isn't doing anything at all!!!), while praying that I don't get struck by lightning.... yeah it's a lot different.

But, we're alive and we managed to get in 5.1 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dave

onemile

GinnyinPA

For forecast last night said rain this morning, this morning the forecast on my phone said rain so I got read and headed out. Just a little sprinkle as we headed down the driveway, then not even 5  minutes into our run I see lightning..... wonderful. The harder rain began around mile 1.6 and was off and on, the lightning was here and there with thunder every few minutes but I started to get worried between mile 3 and 4 when the lightning became more constant and the thunder as well. Then the downpour began just before mile 4.... yep and Jetta was happy. I've ran in downpours before, but trying to drag a 65-70 dog who is constantly trying to stop and shake off rain (you're just gonna get soaked as soon as you stop!!! Heck, your shaking isn't doing anything at all!!!), while praying that I don't get struck by lightning.... yeah it's a lot different.

But, we're alive and we managed to get in 5.1 miles.

My dog will jump in a creek and roll in the water, stand up and shake, then lie down in the stream again.  Silly dogs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have a work dinner so I am taking my rest day today.

Damaris

Ankle ok?

Fine. Fortunately, despite being extremely painful for a while, it appears to have been a very short term thing. Weird.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Some beautiful cool mornings around here in San Antonio - rare for May - and I can't run yet, darn the luck.   Wondering if this stupid hamstring/adductor will ever heal.   Still, I've had it pretty good so far - this is my first injury since 2005.

Gail and I are doing a weight training circuit after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Some beautiful cool mornings around here in San Antonio - rare for May - and I can't run yet, darn the luck.   Wondering if this stupid hamstring/adductor will ever heal.   Still, I've had it pretty good so far - this is my first injury since 2005.

Gail and I are doing a weight training circuit after work.

Hope you heal fast, Scotty

Mr MattM

Can't wait to see what kind of result that training regimen will yield.

I know what has resulted in the past.  I'm also curious as to what will result in the future!

be curious; not judgmental